*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682030-Episode-12---Happy-Times-Are-HereFor-Now
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1631928
This gives a little backstory before my Season 8 Virtual Series begins.
#682030 added January 1, 2010 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 12 – Happy Times Are Here...For Now
Slayers Virtual Season 8

Episode 12 – Happy Times Are Here...For Now

Rating: NC17 for Violence and Foul Language

Starring:

Matt Long as Alex Sanders
Lizzy Caplan as Eliza Sanders
Nanako Matsushima as Shina Taji
Jennifer Ehle as Jennifer Sanderson
And Johnny Depp as David, the Archangel
Navi Rawat as Dana Monroe
Christa B. Allen as Anna Monroe

Written by Kelley Hawkins

Disclaimer: The major characters in these episodes/stories are the creations of Joss Whedon and any and all entities who have a share in them such as Twentieth Century Fox, UPN, Warner Bros or Mutant Enemy Productions. The stories are written by fans and are not intended for profit or to infringe upon or undermine the established copyright of those mentioned above. The situations depicted in these stories (sexual or otherwise) are not intended to harm the reputations of those actors associated with the characters involved. The only things that are ©2004 are those characters that are the creation of the Slayers VS8 staff and the original plotlines of the stories.

Teaser

Willow sat on her couch staring off into space.

“How can this be? How can this be?” Willow muttered to herself.

She sat alone in her apartment thinking about everything that has happened over the past week. Xander and Buffy are getting married. Spike is alive. “And Dawn is in love with me.” Willow said aloud to the empty room.

Willow stood and began pacing her living room. Since Xander and Buffy became engaged, she has not seen anyone. Dawn was busy with exams and Buffy and Xander were...well busy with each other.

Willow walked into her kitchen to grab a bag of chocolate chip cookies she left on the counter. She opened the bag and quickly ate two of the mini cookies. Just as she reached in for another one, her doorbell rang. She quickly popped the cookie in her mouth and then walked to the door, the cookie bag still in her hand. She found Liz standing on her doorstep.

“Liz?” Willow asked in surprise.

“Haven’t seen you around at the school lately,” Liz said. “Wanted to come by to see if you are okay.”

“Yeap, I’m good. Just having myself a little snack.”
“Chocolate chip!” Liz exclaimed. “My favorite.”

Willow handed Liz the bag of cookies. Liz carried the bag of cookies to Willow’s couch and then delved into the bag, pulled out three mini cookies, and stuffed them all in her mouth. “Delicious,” Liz moaned with her mouth full.

“Buffy still keeping you guys on that health kick diet?”

“Yeah, all that rabbit food and non-fat yogurt.”

Willow laughed and sat beside Liz on the couch. “I won’t tell on ya.”

Liz laughed. “Good because I think I am going to finish this bag and then see if you have some of that ice cream.”

Willow laughed and then looked at Liz once she sobered a little. Liz suddenly looked at Willow intently. Then her gaze moved from Willow’s eyes to her lips. Liz moved toward Willow to kiss her but Willow suddenly rose from the couch. “I think you better leave, Liz.”

“What’s wrong? I though you wanted this, too.”

“I do...I did.”

“And?”

Willow shook her head in confusion and pointed to the door. Liz rose from the couch, anger clear in her stride and left Willow’s apartment. Willow sat on the couch wondering why she turned down a kiss from Liz. Liz was gorgeous, gay and available. What was wrong with her? Willow spoke aloud to the empty room.

“Dawn!”

The witch fell down into her couch and buried her face in the couch.

Act One

Dawn sat the last class of the day waiting anxiously for the bell to ring. She realized suddenly that she missed Liz. Ever since Liz left school to join the Slayer School, Dawn felt alone. She felt a tapping on her shoulder and looked behind her. Alex sat smiling at her.

“This Friday, do you wanna go to a movie or something?”

Dawn stared at Alex for a moment without really seeing him. “I can’t Alex. I promised Buffy that I would help plan her wedding.”
“So soon?”

“Well, a bride can never be too prepared,” Dawn told him and then turned back around in her seat. Just a month ago, she would have cherished this moment. Now, all she could think about was Willow. What was wrong with her? Then Dawn turned back around to face Alex again.

“You know, you’re right. Buffy is starting too early. What movie did you have in mind?”

Alex beamed at her. “Well, we could see that new movie with Keanu Reeves.”

Dawn wrinkled her nose. “Not a fan. What about that movie with Will Smith?”

“Sounds good. I’ll pick you up at 6:30 and we can get a burger before the movie.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Dawn said and then turned back to gather her book bag when the bell rang.

* * * * *

Buffy sat in the kitchen turning the pages of Bride. She looked eagerly at all the dresses. Then she stopped on a page with a particular dress and sighed. The dress was of white satin with a half bodice. The dress then had a long flowing, almost gauzy appearance all the way to the floor. She smiled when she remembered the Spring Fling dress she wore when she went to defeat the Master. The night Xander literally saved her life. This dress would be perfect.

She was smiling when Giles walked into the kitchen. He smiled when he saw her gazing at the Bride magazine.

“So when’s the big day?”

“May 21st,” Buffy told Giles, beaming.

“I am so happy for you both, Buffy. You two deserve to be happy...”

“But?”

“What?”

“Do I have to say it?”

Giles still looked confused.

“You’ve got but face.”
Giles laughed remembering when she said that to him for the first time. His Slayer never ceased to amaze him with her verbal skills.

“I am worried is all.”

“Worried. What do you possibly have to be worried about?”

“Xander is not exactly...well he has commitment phobia of sorts”, Giles finished, tensing a little.

Buffy smiled, shocking Giles.

“He couldn’t commit to Anya. I think it was because...” Buffy’s voice trailed off.

“Because he loved you...always loved you?”

Buffy nodded. “Yes, I do think that. I remember his reaction when he found out that...I’d been with Spike at the same time he found out that Anya had too. He seemed more upset about me. I’m not saying he didn’t love Anya.” Buffy paused. “I’m just saying that he never really got over me.” Buffy sighed. “I was so blind to him then, Giles. But I have my eyes wide open now. I love him so much.”

Giles took Buffy’s hand. “I’m so glad you are finally happy, Buffy.”

Buffy smiled and then looked into Giles’ eyes. “That brings me to something I’ve wanted to ask you.”

Giles raised his eyebrows.

“Will you give me away?” Buffy asked hurriedly when she saw Giles lower his head. “I know you are not my father...er rakish uncle but you are the closest person I have to a father and...”

When Giles raised his head to look at her, Buffy saw tears in his eyes. He blinked and she watched one tear trickle down his cheek.

“Buffy, I’d be honored,” Giles said, choking back emotion. Giles stood then and Buffy rose to embrace him.

“I love you, Giles.”

“I love you, too, Buffy.” Giles told her as he embraced her to his chest.




Act Two

Xander walked into the kitchen just as Giles released Buffy. He smiled at the sight before him.

“So?” Xander asked.

“He’s going to give me away,” Buffy told him through her tears.

Xander walked toward Giles and instead of making a jokes, Xander grabbed Giles’ hand and shook it. “Thank you, Giles. This means the world to Buffy. And to me.”

Giles smiled at the younger man. “This...rakish uncle is going to his study to check his email.”

Xander turned toward Buffy and rushed to take her in his arms. Buffy cried into her chest. She looked into his eyes and smiled lovingly up at him.

“I can’t believe this is real,” Xander said in utter astonishment. “You’re finally mine.”

Buffy smiled through her tears. “And you are mine, don’t forget that.”

Xander looked down at her and grabbed Buffy’s head and then lowered his head to hers. He kissed her passionately, holding nothing back. Buffy responded to his kiss and deepened it. They stood embraced in each other’s arms when Dawn walked in.

“Can’t you two give it a rest already...or go get a room?” Dawn asked and then giggled.

Buffy pulled away from Xander with a goofy smile on her face.

* * * * *

David stood outside the Slayer’s house. He quietly walked to the back door and laid the large white box on the back door step. Then with his vampire quickness, he moved back to the waiting limousine a couple of blocks down the street. He climbed in.

Faith sat waiting for him and just as soon as David climbed in, Faith pulled him toward her and placed a hot, passionate kiss on David’s lips. He responded with equal passion as he pictured a blond Slayer in his head.

* * * * *

Buffy heard something at the back door and gave Xander and Dawn a looking that told them to be quiet for a minute. She opened the backdoor quickly but no one was there. Instead, she saw a large white box on the stoop. Puzzled, since neither she nor Xander sent any invitations or announcements about their upcoming wedding, Buffy picked up the box. She walked back into the house and placed the box on the table.

She hesitated slightly. She always had bad luck with unseen things in boxes. Xander saw her hesitation and moved over to open the box. Dawn inched forward to see what was inside. Buffy gasped when she saw what lay inside. A beautiful white wedding dress stained with bright crimson blood lay inside. A white card stained with blood was also inside the box. Buffy picked it up. She and Xander read it together. Messily scrawled in black lettering was the word, “Soon!”

Buffy let out a small cry and dropped the card.

* * * * *

“Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead.” Dawn said.

Buffy looked at her sister with a shocked expression on her face.

“What the hell?” Xander asked.

“That’s a wedding superstition”, Dawn said and then proceeded to tell him the rest.

“Married in White, you have chosen right”
Married in Grey, you will go far away,
Married in Black, you will wish yourself back,
Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,
Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,
Married in Blue, you will always be true,
Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,
Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,
Married in Brown, you will live in the town,
Married in Pink, you spirit will sink.”

Buffy looked at her sister as if she suddenly sprouted horns and a tail. “Where in the hell did you hear that?”

“Well, actually I don’t remember. Maybe Grandma?”

Buffy looked confused. “We never knew either our Grandmothers.”

Dawn looked very confused herself. “It is not like the Monks to mess up my memories.”

“What is going on?” Buffy asked. “Xander could you close the box, please?”

Xander retrieved the white box lid from the floor and put it into place.

Act Three

Willow decided to face Dawn and talk to her about her feelings. They had to get this out in the open before they could resolve this.

Willow walked in the front door of Buffy’s house. She did not see anyone in the living room so she walked toward the kitchen. As Willow walked in, she saw Buffy, Xander and Dawn. Suddenly, Willow gasped as she looked at Dawn and then fainted in the kitchen doorway.

Xander and Buffy rushed toward Willow.

“Well we can rule out pregnancy”, Dawn said from behind them.

Buffy looked back at Dawn further shocked at her sister’s harsh comment. Xander grabbed a glass of water from the counter and gently sprinkled Willow’s face with a few droplets. Willow started to come around and looked at all of them with a puzzled expression on her face.

“Did I just faint?”

“Yeah,” Dawn said, coming forward. “Didn’t think you were so weak.”

Willow’s puzzled expression changed immediately to one of hurt.

“Dawn, what in the hell is the matter with you?” Buffy asked incredulously.

Dawn looked down. “I don’t know, what’s the matter with you, Buffy, missing Spike and Angel again?”

Buffy stood up and then reached up and slapped her sister hard across the face. Dawn did not even flinch.

“She’s possessed,” Willow said. “I saw a black cloud above her head with I walked in. That is why I fainted.”

* * * * *

Giles held a book in his lap reading very fast. Buffy tied a squirming Dawn to a chair as Xander tried to gag her.

“Not too tight, Xander!. We don’t want to leave any bruises. Dawn will be mad if we do”, Buffy said.

“Bruises, ha!” Dawn said before Xander could get the gag around her mouth. “You didn’t worry about bruises when you tried to suffocate me in your fugue state, bitch!”

“Xander!” Buffy urged. “Hurry!”

Xander finally had the gag in place and then pressed a piece of duct tape against her mouth.

“Here it is,” Giles exclaimed.

Buffy looked at him questioningly.

“It was thought that white wedding dresses were thought to ward off evil spirits. The dress delivered here had blood all over it negating the purity. It appears that Dawn has been possessed by an evil spirit.”

Willow stared at Giles with a shocked expression on her face.

“How do we get Dawn back?” Willow asked.

“Dawn is still in there somewhere but the demon spirit has taken over.”

“That’s it!” Buffy announced angrily. “I am meant to be doomed for my whole life. I’ve saved the world like 10 times now and the Powers that Be still want to torture me. What do they want from me...from us?”

“To be stronger! To be able to face whatever they...or He throws at us?” Willow answered. “We can fight this, Buffy!”

“But Dawn is an innocent. She doesn’t deserve this.”

“Like we deserved what life handed us?” Xander asked Buffy.

“We fight every day...every night to rid the world of evil but it still finds us. It will always find us,” Buffy said, frustration clear in her voice. “Why can’t we get a break once in a while? This is supposed to be the happiest time in a girl’s life but look at me...exorcising demons from my sister’s soul!”

Suddenly, Dawn’s eyes turned backwards and all they could see was white. Trickles of blood began to weep from her eyes.

Buffy sank to her knees and began to cry. Giles stood up and went to her followed closely by Xander.

“We will figure this out, Buffy.” Xander soothed.

“Yes, Buffy, we’ve faced the First, we can face this measly demon”, Giles added.

“But not when this demon speaks in my sister’s voice”, Buffy said. “I can’t fight it anymore, Giles, I’m through after this. I’m done being a Slayer!”

Giles looked at Buffy in shock.

“I’m serious Giles. I am done! I do not have to fight anymore. We have thousands of Slayers in the world now. Why do I need to do this anymore? I want Xander and I to move away from the Hellmouth after we are married. I want it all over!”

Willow and Giles exchanged knowing looks.

“Buffy, you can’t quit.” Willow told her.

“What?” Buffy asked, incredulously. “Yes, I can.”

“If you quit, the Slayer line will cease to exist. All the Slayers will lose their powers. If you die...o-or...lose your powers...or choose not to fight, the Slayer line will be extinct.”


Act Four

“And I am just learning about this now, why?”

“Giles and I have researched the spell that I performed to turn all the Potentials into Slayers. We found a loophole in the spell.”

“Why didn’t either one of you tell me this?”

“We didn’t want to put pressure on you, Buffy,” Giles told her.

“We have to get my sister back right now. We can talk about this later,” Buffy told them, dismissing what she had just been told.

“Certainly”, Giles said and began reading the book in his lap once more.

* * * * *

Faith sat on the plush, leather couch in David’s study. Another woman sat beside her. She was neither vampire nor demon.

“Do you think it worked?” Faith asked the blond girl.

“Yes, the spell worked, I can feel it. The spirit of Ocla has been revived inside the Slayer’s sister.”

“Well done, Amy!” David said, smiling evilly down at the blond witch.

* * * * *

“I’ve never exorcised a demon in someone I care about,” Giles said. “It can get very violent and Dawn will feel a lot of pain.”

Buffy looked down at the floor. “I know this will be hard on Dawn and you, Giles, but we have to do this.”

“I know, Buffy. I’m just giving you a warning.”

Giles looked to the man dress in black. “Father, please begin.”

The priest stood over Dawn who now lay strapped to a hospital bed at the Slayer school. He began to speak in a loud voice as he sprinkled holy water over Dawn’s head leaving burns all over Dawn’s face.

“I cast out you noxious vermin, by God the Father almighty...” He sprinkled more holy water. Dawn thrashed around on the bed and then screamed at the priest, cursing obscenities as Buffy, Willow, Giles and Xander watched in horror.

“...by Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, and by the Holy Spirit...” More holy water was sprinkled on Dawn’s chest.

“...May you speedily be banished from our land and fields, lingering here no longer, but passing on to places where you can do no harm,” He sprinkled holy water on Dawn’s legs and moved back toward her head.

“...In the name of the almighty God and the entire heavenly court, as well as in the name of the holy Church of God, we pronounce a curse on you, that wherever you go you may be cursed, decreasing from day to day until you are obliterated...” He sprinkled more holy water over Dawn’s head and now holding down her chest.

“...Let no remnant of you remain anywhere, except what might be necessary for the welfare and use of mankind. Be pleased to grant our request, you who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire. Amen!” The priest finished and began to sprinkle holy water all around the room. He had previously sprinkled holy water all around Buffy’s house before bringing Dawn to the school.

Buffy watched as Dawn wiggled in the bed and spit white foam from her mouth. Then she realized with great horror that Dawn was not her sister. Most of the horrible things happened in her life when Dawn was “born” and forced into her life. Could it be while Buffy represented all things that were good, Dawn was all that was evil?

THE END
© Copyright 2010 GothLady (UN: kelhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GothLady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682030-Episode-12---Happy-Times-Are-HereFor-Now