*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682033-Episode-13---After-the-Dawn-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1631928
This gives a little backstory before my Season 8 Virtual Series begins.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#682033 added January 1, 2010 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 13 – After the Dawn-Part 2
Slayers Virtual Season 8

Season Finale Special!

Episode 13 – After the Dawn-Part 2

Rating: NC17 for Violence and Foul Language

Starring:

Matt Long as Alex Sanders
Lizzy Caplan as Eliza Sanders
Nanako Matsushima as Shina Taji
Jennifer Ehle as Jennifer Sanderson
And Johnny Depp as David, the Archangel
Navi Rawat as Dana Monroe
Christa B. Allen as Anna Monroe

Written by Kelley Hawkins

Disclaimer: The major characters in these episodes/stories are the creations of Joss Whedon and any and all entities who have a share in them such as Twentieth Century Fox, UPN, Warner Bros or Mutant Enemy Productions. The stories are written by fans and are not intended for profit or to infringe upon or undermine the established copyright of those mentioned above. The situations depicted in these stories (sexual or otherwise) are not intended to harm the reputations of those actors associated with the characters involved. The only things that are ©2004 are those characters that are the creation of the Slayers VS8 staff and the original plotlines of the stories.

Act Five

“Say what?” Spike asked Giles with a shocked expression on his face.

Giles took a second before responding to Spike. Then he tried to take his calmest most reassuring voice. “The ritual involves you and Cordelia entering a mystical portal. You will both travel back in time.”

“To where?” Cordelia asked and instead of the expected fight from doing this, she seemed chipper and ready for anything. Everyone looked at her with their mouths hanging open.

“What?” Cordelia huffed. The gang continued to stare at her. “It’s very boring where I am, okay!”

Giles shook his head. “Not very far back in time, as a matter of fact, but back in time so we can prevent David’s ritual. The Slayers are not dead yet, just in somewhat of a mystical coma. If we can prevent the spell from taking place, we can save the Slayers.”

There was a knock at the door. Buffy ran to answer it. Vi and Shina stood on the doorway. Buffy looked at them in amazement. “You’re okay!” Buffy said as she hugged Vi and grabbed Shina’s arm.

“What do you mean,” Vi asked and then suddenly she collapsed to the floor. As Shina moved toward Vi, she collapsed as well. Buffy stood there and looked down at them. Dawn sat in a wheel chair with her head slumped to one side. Before Buffy could move toward Dawn, she fell to the ground overtaken by the ritual herself.

Giles, Xander, and Spike all rushed toward Buffy. Without thinking, Giles pushed the two other men aside. He gathered Buffy in his arms and carried her to the couch. Xander immediately picked up Vi and carried her upstairs to Dawn’s bed followed by Spike who carried Shina. After Giles placed Buffy on the couch, he came back for Dawn. He wheeled her into the house and shut the door. A moment later, there was another knock at the Summer’s door. Giles reached out and opened the door. Faith stood before them.

“It’s David. He’s performing a spell,” Faith told Giles and then collapsed in front of him.

Giles quickly gathered Faith in his arms and carried her to the sofa.

* * * * *

“So why did this spell or ritual affect Willow? She’s not a Slayer,” Xander asked Giles.

“David knows that Willow and Dawn are very powerful Wiccans. He included them in the spell as well.”

“Yeah, the henchmen of the Slayer,” Xander said and then looked down at Buffy lying on the couch. She looked so beautiful lying there. He felt an overwhelming grief wash over him in that instant. She was so beautiful yet defenseless. “God, I love this woman.” Xander whispered. Xander looked over at Spike standing by the fireplace. Spike met his eyes and then quickly looked away.

“Spike, Cordelia? Are you ready?”

They both nodded affirmatively.

Giles stood up and walked to the door. He opened it before the two visitors could knock. Angel and Wesley stood on the stoop this time. Giles opened the door wider and the two men walked in behind him.

“We’re ready,” Giles told them.

Act Six

The group of six gathered around the living room. Previously, they moved the furniture out of the large space. Wesley completed the sacred circle as Angel carried Dawn from the wheelchair to the center of the circle. Giles lit a black candle that was carefully placed in the center of the circle. Xander followed with Buffy and Giles carried Willow in from the kitchen. Faith, Vi, and Shina also filled the enter circle. Giles began to chant in Latin as he sprinkled fresh herbs over the black candle. As Xander looked over at Spike and Cordelia they began to fade.

* * * * *

“So now what?” Xander asked the two Watchers and the vampire standing before him?

“We wait,” Giles told him, glancing down at the mystically sleeping Slayers who still filled the sacred circle.

* * * * *

“I heard about this place,” Spike told Cordelia.

“Yeah, so what did ya hear about it? Creepy foggy place is all I can gather.”

“Non humans have used this road to travel between dimensions. I sure hope Giles programmed in his spell where we exit on this highway.”

The road was made of white dirt-like materials with large white pebbles on each side of the road.

Spike looked over at Cordy as she strayed a little to the left of the road. He was just about to tell her not to leave the road when a hand reached out, grabbed her hair, and carried her into the foggy mist.

“Oh, bullocks!” Spike exclaimed. With a nod of his head, he went in after her.

* * * * *

David stood by the Shaman as he continued to chant the ritual. The Shaman held the script in his hands as he read. David smiled.

* * * * *

Xander sat on the couch gazing down at Buffy and Willow. He felt so helpless. He stood by the Slayer many times over the years fighting the good fight but now all he could do was wait.

Angel and Wesley sat at the dining room table. Wesley was consulting his codex and Angel simply brooded.

Giles walked over to the two men.

* * * * *

Spike could not see anything in front of him. Finally, he saw a green demon with red eyes. Its tail slashing back and forth. Spike reached down and pulled the large tail and swung him back. He heard Cordy scream and as he threw the demon away from her, he saw Cordy appear beside him.

“Don’t stray off the road, love.”

Cordy nodded and they walked back toward the road.

* * * * *

Giles sat on the floor beside Buffy and brushed her hair away from her face. She looked like she was simply sleeping peacefully but he feared there was something more going on in the minds of the Slayers right now.

* * * * *

Buffy knew this had to be a dream as she walked along the streets of Sunnydale. She walked past the movie theater and then later the Magic Shop. She felt compelled to go home. Buffy continued to walk toward home and then she heard someone scream. Buffy ran toward the scream.

A vampire had Willow cornered in the alley beside the Magic Shop. Buffy rushed toward them. She raised her hand to slap him away and when her hand hit the shoulder of the vampire, she screamed out in agony. Her wrist broke from the impact. The vampire turned toward Buffy then and rushed toward her. She kicked out at him and missed. He continued to come toward her and as he bent to bite her, she tried to hit him in the head but her wrist hurt something awful. As the vampire came closed to her neck, Buffy realized with horror that she no longer had her Slayer powers.

* * * * *

TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2010 GothLady (UN: kelhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GothLady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682033-Episode-13---After-the-Dawn-Part-2