*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684521-Destruction
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#684521 added January 20, 2010 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Destruction
It's pretty much everywhere. Turn on the news on any given day and you'll find it somewhere.

What makes no sense to me, is how people can open up their mouths and destroy lives, without any remorse whatsoever. I find it all disgusting. Even worse when you do this to those you claim to love. That is not love. And if it should turn out that it truly is, I want no part of it.

That saying is true, words DO cut like a knife. Leaving scars so deep, some never recover and hide within themselves. I mean, where does one turn when their feelings have been slashes into little pieces by someone who claims to care?

It's easy to say you love someone, to care about them, but your actions seal your words. They either prove what you say, or they don't. Plain and simple.

I get it, we're human, people make mistakes, but can all mistakes be forgiven? Unfortunately, I don't think so. At least, I can't forgive all. I'm not that big of a person. Used to think I was, but I've come to realize I can't downshift that way. So when you prove that the person you portray is a farce, and show your true, self righteous, and bitterly selfish self, know that people will take notice. And those bridges you burn will be permanent.

Keep your 'me' mentality far from me. And for one brief second, before opening your mouth, think! You may in fact hurt one less person and keep a friendship from going to shit.

It's mind boggling that this happens with no second thoughts, no remorse. Life goes on and the ones left in the wake are the only ones to suffer the effects of, what I can only properly call, pure stupidity. Too bad that still doesn't cut it. Being stupid, or having tunnel vision doesn't excuse what a person says to another.

IPOD ON REPEAT

Nothing like a best friend to make you forget your troubles *Wink*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskXnbVYr3Y

~~T is out.

BTW ~ am I the only one missing that crazy calender lady? Think a trip to Staples is in my future

© Copyright 2010 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684521-Destruction