*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684651-NEW-Gift-Point--Email-Change
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#684651 added January 22, 2010 at 4:20am
Restrictions: None
[NEW] Gift Point & Email Change.
*Dollar* Greetings! *Dollar*

We've updated the way the system notifies you about Gift Points in email. When an email is sent with Gift Points, that email will now include the Gift Point notification directly within it.... rather than sending two separate emails. (That's one of those things that's been driving me nuts. *Wink*)

Now emails with GPs included will be denoted with a *Dollar* in your email list. When you mouse over that symbol, you'll see how many GPs were included with the email! When viewing the email itself, the *Dollar* will be show in the header area of the email with the amount. Gift Point emails themselves will include the notifier so you can quickly mouse over the amount in your email list.

Three primary places where this change will be noticed is with Reviews w/GPs, cNotes w/GPs and regular emails w/GPs. Now, when you receive a Review or cNote with Gift Points; rather than two emails, the Review/cNote and GP notification are combined into one. And now, when you receive a regular WdC email where someone included Gift Points, rather than two emails, you'll get the 1 email, with GP notifier included.

** Other places this still needs to be implemented are (at least) within replies to cNotes and emailed comments from items... I'll do a search in the site code for any place the Gift Point email is sent and work with those... but please do feel free to comment on this post and point out the other times when this occurs and I'll work to get those areas combined into one email w/built-in notifier as well.

This update does NOT change Gift Point logging in any way. All transactions are still logged directly to your Gift Point log. Whenever in doubt about Gift Points sent or received, your Gift Point Log is always considered to be the most accurate source of Gift Point transaction information.

** Important: There was a brief period of approximately 1 hour tonight, from roughly 1:45am to 2:45am eastern time where I had released this GP update... and then decided on a final change to the format system. Email'd GPs sent during that period will unfortunately not show the icon on the email AND the additional GP-only email had not been sent. If in doubt as to whether or not an email included GPs, please check your GP log for that time period.

(I also noticed we were missing a "Replied To" icon when viewing an email -- the reply icon was shown in the list view, but not in the email itself -- so I fixed that up while I was working with the GP update.)

Enjoy,
~~SM


© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684651-NEW-Gift-Point--Email-Change