*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685151-Choctaw-class-lesson-1-only-lesson
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #1510995
Class assignments and poems prior to making them into separate items.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#685151 added January 24, 2010 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Choctaw class-lesson 1 (only lesson)
Re: Choctaw Tribe (lesson one of Choctaw class-The rest of the class was cancelled.


1. The Alabama MOWA Choctaw Band is fighting for federal rights.

2. The Alabama MOWA Choctaw Band is being opposed by the Mississippi Choctaw Nation because they don't want the Alabama faction to take casino money from the Mississippi tribe.
Alabama is against the lottery and gambling but if the Choctaw band in Alabama gets federal rights, they can have casinos on their land despite Alabama's state ban on gambling.

3. Oklahoma Choctaw Nation changed its flag in the 1970's.

4. The string on the bow which was once unhooked on one end to represent peaceful intentions was once again connected by the Oklahoma Choctaw Nation in the 1970's.

5. The outcome of the tribal people was that they wanted the flag to return to closer to the original design.  Outside of the tribe, the public felt it was a sign that the Choctaw tribe was showing a non-peaceful intent with the tribe against the non-Choctaw modern society.

© Copyright 2009 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.


© Copyright 2010 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685151-Choctaw-class-lesson-1-only-lesson