*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686809-Inaugurating-NEW-CandlelitStandwoodStation-Chronicles-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#686809 added February 8, 2010 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Inaugurating NEW CandlelitStandwoodStation Chronicles Blog
I've made a decision this morning. From this point on, there will be daily blogging performed in this space, and we will devote this blog to Writing-Reading-Social Justice.


Yes, folks, you read that a-right: Social Justice-human rights, Saving the Planet, and so forth.


I'm really noticiing lately too, how I'm coming down on the side of Science-in terms of railing at the lack of logical thinking, of rationality, of denial, or sheer miseducation-diseducation-dumbing down of civilization. Please-we are subject to an information surplus, and yet we have folks who deny such obvious processes as Global Climate Change, Polar Magnetic Shifts, and the stunning loss of life in natural disasters such as Haiti? {"Oh, well," says such, "they don't count-they're not Americans." Yes, I've heard exactly that. Save America first-but where were they over the past 4 decades when American citizens so needed help-for homelessness, starving children, child and adult abuse, crime victimization, ad infinitum?)





So, beware and be prepared:


Not only shall we discourse on the fantastic quality of fiction (and non-fiction) as we discover such, we shall discourse on Writing-the great endeavour of Life-and on Social / Cultural/ Environmental Issues.


{No need to worry, we do not expect to be specifically political-so no bashing of one party or the other-however, when public figures act in stupidity, we may well point to that.)














Designed by me for NaNo 2009









© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686809-Inaugurating-NEW-CandlelitStandwoodStation-Chronicles-Blog