*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686987
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#686987 added February 9, 2010 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Sleep
You should rest. You drive yourself too hard.

"I'm already behind. With everything that's going on, I have to try my best to keep up with everyone." I slump in my chair and rub my eyes. "It never feels like I get enough sleep, even with a full night's rest."

The scenery around you might have somthing to do with that. You've been thinking of getting a hotel for a mini-holiday.

I nod at her. "Yes. I need a break from everyone and everything for a few days. These weekend would be perfect, but I think it's wise to wait until next weekend."

She touches my heart, sensing my reluctance. Her hand is the barest touch, and yet it draws my feelings out of me like a fishing hook. You feel something. What is it?

"I don't know. But I have to go to it, whatever it is. Like I had to go out and meet that young man last night at my old job, to remind myself of how far I've come. What is this feeling? What do I need to do?"

I cannot answer that for you. I do know that you can pluck stories from thin air if you choose to. Perhaps that is what you need. A new story.

"My tales come without any help from even me." I sigh. "I can lie on my back and stare at the ceilig anywhere and have one hit me between the eyes. There is another reason I need to go on a vacation."

Just rest then? She grins, knowing something I don't.

"Rest, and more than rest. I feel something calling out to me." I frown. I hate it when there is something I must do for no logical reason.

You'll always crave more. You know that. You don't have the luxury of ignorant blindness. She takes my hand in hers, and I feel her touch, which is something between there and must-be-there. You should be careful. A vacation is no excuse to sleep the whole day away.

"When is a vacation ever a vacation for me?" I say slyly. "It will be more practice out in the sun. I know that."

She smiles, warming me with the glow from her teeth. You've improved greatly. You crave conversation now. When before you ran away. And now you smile. And laugh. And dance.

I smile back, and I wonder how my body is not burned from the fire in my heart. "Yes. How long do you think it will be before I'm finally complete? Before I'm whole? Before I'm the best at what I've set out to do?"

There is no time limit on greatness. Have patience. Keep getting stronger and wiser. One day you'll wake up, and you'll know. She kisses me on the forehead as if I'm a child again. Now, rest. The world spins with or without you, but get dizzy tommorrow
© Copyright 2010 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686987