*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687049-Noveling-About-Haiti
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#687049 added February 10, 2010 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Noveling About Haiti
As most of you know, Gentle Readers, if you've been following my blathering any time at all, my mind remains stuck on Haiti. This is not a new situation since the initial Jan. 12 earthquake; no, I've been pondering this locale for many years.





Back a few years-I believe it was 2003-2004-I began the planning and first few chapters of a novel about Louisiana, before the 1803 Louisiana Purchase. The characters were-naturally-Haitian immigrants; and the backdrop was Haitian voodoo culture. Somewhere along the line in transferring computers and saving to zip drives and floppies, loss of a couple of different hard drives in 2006,  and 2 hard drive crashes in Jan. 2009 and 2 hard drive crashes plus a motherboard burnt out in July 2009, the pages I had written "disappeared." (or in the Latin American idiom, "were disappeared.") In any event, I find I've preserved some planning pieces, and you, Lucky Gentle Readers, are about to be treated to these-day by day by day (in the background, you hear Harry Belafonte crooning "Banana Boat Song": day-o, day-o, daylight come and me wan-a go home.")





Onward Swamp Magic Lullaby comes ("Oh, by the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes." Shakespeare, Macbeth).

© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687049-Noveling-About-Haiti