*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688465-Give-Tiger-a-Rest
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#688465 added February 23, 2010 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Give Tiger a Rest
    Okay, at first, Tiger Woods' story was a little interesting because of the celebrity melodrama. And who would have expected it from this nice guy with the hard worker image? How many preachers or teachers have used Tiger as a holy example of perseverance and focus? Now that good guy image is all shot up.

    Now such speakers and leaders of young people want to add a disclaimer to any example they use. They must also say, "I'm not endorsing everything he does or says today or in the future, but in this one aspect, he is admirable." And it must be added to all celebrity examples. How pathetic that the private lives of public people should be so blatantly scrutinized.

  I confess that my ears perked up for a few days when I heard his name. But then, the news grew tiresome. And yet, it continues still. Leave him alone. Let his family have some quiet time to heal, whether to repair their relationships, or move on to different relationships, since this affected his children, in-laws, and own family, as well as his wife. Why flaunt their misery continually?

    So where does the fault lie here? The public who loves to hear dirt on the superstars? People like me who just need the occasional small dose of melodrama? Or with the media desperate for ratings? When does responsible journalism say that the facts are enough, that the personal stuff should be sorted out without us peeping toms? Would a good journalist ever say, "I'm not covering again what's already out there. I'm not adding more details to a personal affair."?

    Shame on all of us for gossiping and hanging on to this sordid story where innocents were hurt.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688465-Give-Tiger-a-Rest