*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688630-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#688630 added April 11, 2010 at 1:07am
Restrictions: None
Chapter-One
PART 1






He kissed me passionately clutching the back of my neck and caressing my cheek. He had kissed me before but never like this. It was with the passion that only comes with truly caring about someone. At that moment I knew... I loved him. At that moment she walked through the door.





         My best friend became a statue, mouth a gape, stunned. I stopped returning his kiss so he would look up. Then he finally did, we starred at her our faces full of surprise, guilt and not knowing what to do next. How could he explain it to his sister, so she would understand, it was pure accident.


         “What are you doing...Wha...When? ...How long has this been going on?” the short lady asked befuddled.


         “Delilah!? Uh...um...” he said dumbfounded.


         “Dee, we’ve kinda...been seeing each other.” I semi-bravely stated.


         “Abby, what does that mean?”


         “It means that Landon and I are kind of dating” I looked at him and we nodded simultaneously.


         “How long?” she demanded again.


         “Um....uh...next week will be two months.” Landon smiled towards me.


         “TWO MONTHS!!!!!!” Delilah shouted.


         “Delilah, we didn’t know it would go this far...”


         “We didn’t want to weird anybody out if it didn’t work out. So we decided to keep it just between the two of us.” he finished for me.


         I turned toward him, “Landon let me talk to her, girl to girl.” I nudged Dee toward her room. We walked in and I sat on the bed.


         “How can my best friend be dating my brother?” she questioned solemnly.


         “It was a pure accident, I swear, it just started with a kiss and then somehow became more. I am so sorry, I’ve wanted to tell you sooo bad but I didn’t know how you would react.”


         She sat there gazing at the floor in her own little world. “Have you slept with him?”


         “No. We’ve only been ‘dating’ for two months. We haven’t even talked about it, and I don’t get to see him that often.” I half lied. The truth was we hadn’t had sex but we had talked about it, he didn't want to do something we would both possibly regret. But I had seen him constantly any free time I had was devoted to seeing or communicating with him.


         “What is your definition of dating?” Delilah wondered.


         “Seeing each other when we can, getting something to eat after classes, if we don’t have to work. It isn’t really official dates except one, our first date. We were dressed nice and went to a dark little restaurant.” I purged to her.


         Together we both started laughing and crying. We just kept talking, mainly her asking questions and I answering them.





         A while later Landon knocked on the door and meandered in. Delilah and I were lying on the bed, so he crawled up between the two of us. He gave Dee his big brotherly hug, which makes everything alright again, and then turned over and kissed me on the cheek.


         “Hey everybody is on their way over. Should we tell them?” he wondered.


         “How about we ease them into the idea of it first, we don’t need another ambush, again sorry Dee” I explained.


         “Yes, most definitely, ease them into it.” Delilah agreed. “So who all knows about you two?”


         “All of the people in the world but you! ...just kidding, all the people lying on your bed. And don’t tell anyone else.” Landon warned.


         When he said that I thought about it, ‘All the people in the world…’. Besides my family the two people lying next to me were my main world. In all of Orange Grove, Delilah was like a third sister and Landon… well I could say he was like the older brother I never had but that wasn’t what our relationship had been over the years. We were always friends due to Delilah but now we, I mean I was in love. With every passing moment our small town in Florida could not hold or define what we had…


         


         It was movie night so everybody came over and brought snacks and drinks, they didn’t want to miss the first scary movie ever viewed. This was due to the fact that Delilah hated scary movies.


         We did this about once a month since the beginning of our senior year in high school, which was three years ago. We would watch movies, talk, eat, and talk. We always tried to get more participants involved but it was usually just Delilah, Leo, Keely, Savannah and Courtney, me, and Landon, whenever he was home.


         Landon was in his third year college working towards his Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts. So if he was ever free he would join our little party. Now he was 24, and going back to school to get his Master’s, after he took a year off to travel around Europe trying to find his ‘taste’.


         Once all were accounted for I sat on the love-seat with my legs up, as to block everyone else from thinking of sitting there. When Landon finally got there he threatened to sit on them so I quickly moved and the movie started playing.


         Under the pillow between us we held hands. I squeezed it anytime the bumps in the night went "Boo!" or blood and guts spewed everywhere.


         The movie was over and everybody was satisfied. Courtney had to go to the bathroom and wouldn’t go unless someone else went in first and turned on all of the lights. She was always scared like that. “I’m not afraid of the dark, I’m afraid of what’s in the dark.” she always stated.


         We all talked until their time of exiting came. And then everybody but me was gone. I was spending the night with my best friend, due to the fact that we hadn’t really seen each other in awhile. We stayed up talking and catching up on life events. Delilah soon fell asleep I waited a couple of minutes before I moved, just to make sure she was asleep. Then I slipped out of bed and went to the kitchen. I got a glass of water, took a sip, and instead of tip-toeing back to Delilah’s room I softly knocked on Landon’s door.


© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688630-Chapter-One