*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688632
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
#688632 added February 25, 2010 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter-Three
         A few nights later Landon and I found ourselves sitting on the balcony with a warm blanket looking at the stars and each other’s eyes.


         “…You don’t have to say anything back right now, just listen. Landon, I Love You. I have loved you since the night Delilah caught us. I love the way you laugh, and smile, and the way you always know how to hold me.” An onset of tears engaged my eyes.


         Then he kissed me. Once again it was filled with passion and desire.


         The first words out of his mouth subsequently to getting my lips back were “You ruined the plan.”


         My eyes darted from affectionate to a dumbfound shock. “What?!”


         “I had the whole evening planned out, you and I having a quiet dinner here. I was going to cook my specialty and you were going to be beautiful in the dress you keep telling me about, since you have nowhere to wear it…” he enlightened me.


         “Don’t go any further. I want that. I would love it. When?” I gushed.


         “Well originally I was going to do it for you birthday, since that is about a month away, but how about Friday.” He admitted then inquired.


         “What about Dee?”


         “Oh, yeah … lately on Friday nights if she isn’t going out with you guys, she baby-sits.”


         “I didn’t know she still baby-sat?”


         “Apparently they can’t get along without her.” He teased.


         “So Friday night…. What should I wear?” I joked.





         It came so sluggishly that the week dragged on without an end. Finally it was here. The night would come soon enough but I had classes to attend first. When the getting ready process was underway I started getting nervous. I don’t know why. I had already spilled my heart to him. (Maybe love is just our nerves jumbled together to match another’s.)


         I knocked on the door and patiently waited for him to answer.


         A muffled "It's open!" came through.


         Didn't he want to meet me at the door to say 'hello' or 'how was your day?' A little frustrated I finally opened it. Standing before me was the most romantic sight I had ever seen in my life. The only light that was visible was candlelight. Spotted around the room were bunches of flowers of all colors and sorts. A plethora of rose petals accented the ambiance sprinkled everywhere.  Landon stood leaning on the bar with a single red rose.


         "You're not going to propose are you?" I asked bewildered.


         "Well hello to you to. ...Uh no." he laughed.


         "This is the most romantic thing I have ever seen. How did you do all of this?"


         "It's called magic. The magic of the flower shop.” he smoothly joked.


         I glided toward him, “You’re wonderful.”


         He kissed me and I kissed back until BEEP BEEP BEEP...BEEP BEEP BEEP. The oven timer stopped us.


         “Hold that thought.” he said as he went to the kitchen. 


         “So what are we having?”


         “Your favorite.”


         “A bowl of puke and a scab sandwich.” I joked.


         “Ah darn, it’s chicken cordon blu with an ice cream sundae for dessert.”


         “Oh, my real favorite. You know me too well.” I kissed him over the bar. 


         “Would you like something to drink?”


         “What do you got?”


         “Wine.”


         “You know this is illegal for another couple of weeks.”


         “Well I won’t tell if you don’t.” He pored two glasses...





         “Abby get up, you got to go.”


         “What? What are you talking about, I’m sleeping.”


         “Delilah. What if she sees you?”


         My head instantly cleared. I quickly jumped up and put on my dress. “Go see where she is so I can get out.”


         He left the room while I finished hunting for my things. Less than thirty seconds later he was back.


         “She’s not here.” He said slowly and confused.


         “What!? Yeah right. Delilah is not the type of person to not come home, ever! Did you check the whole apartment?”


         “Yes.”


         “Well, I don’t know check the machine or something maybe she left a message. What time is it?” I asked grabbing my purse.


         “10:36.” he answered.


         “I’m sorry; I have to go get ready for work.” I explained.


         “It’s okay; I’ve got homework to do and a sister to find.”


         “Last night was...” I kissed him, “fantastic.”


         He smiled and kissed me back, “Likewise. I’ll call you later.”


         I turned around and left with smile and the knowledge that last night was one of if not the best night of my life.


         Little did I know as soon as the elevator door closed Delilah went home.





         Some weeks had passed and everything was perfect. (This is the time in a movie where there would be a movie montage) Watching and going to movies, fooling around, cooking, and various other bf-gf stuff. As my birthday approached we discussed how we would tell all of our friends. We had been seeing each other for about three months and the only ones who knew were Delilah and B.J., Landon's friend and neighbor. Everyone else was none the wiser, well at least to my knowledge. We thought about just telling them, hinting at it, or just letting them find out in their own ways. Landon and I couldn't decide. There were too many scenarios, to have to think about. So we put it off until next time we felt like going public, to them at least.


© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688632