*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688636
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
#688636 added February 25, 2010 at 2:55pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter-Seven
         It was good to know that I could spend more than a day with Landon and not be annoyed or bored. He was always surprising me with something new or interesting to show or discuss. We rarely ran out of topics to talk about and when we did we would just start fooling around. Being near, with or having him inside of me felt like perfection. But I thought perfection never existed, that it was not possible. That is why I did not call it that, if I did then it would be jinxed and fall to pieces.


          By 9 o’clock we were ready to go celebrate. In less than three hours I could legally drink alcohol. And I wasn’t going to waste that precious time. Our party for two was finished and now it was time to invite more party people. We joined some of Landon’s friends at one of the local hot-spots. I had asked Delilah if she wanted to come and be my designated driver but her answer was ‘No, I have homework to do.’ but I had a feeling she just wanted the apartment to herself and probably B.J.. I danced until 11:45, I need a break and the real party was fifteen minutes away...





         The next morning I found myself lying on the bar in Landon and Delilah’s kitchen with a blanket and a pillow.


         Unbeknownced to me, B.J. shuffled into the kitchen to get something to drink and discovered me, still in my party dress, makeup a little smudged and hair looking a mess. He immediately went alerted Delilah about the hot mess on the bar. I slowly came back into consciousness; Delilah was sitting at the bar right in my face. I opened my eyes and we both burst out laughing.


         In a babying voice she asked, “Did you have fun last night?”


         I answered in the same voice, “Yes.” I sat up feeling the stiffness before I even moved and hopped off the bar.


         “So are you going to do that again?”


         I paused to think, “Uh, not as hard, or no no wait whenever you throw a party I will.” Which I assumed would be probably never. “So, do you know what happened last night?”


...





         “So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?” Landon questioned me.


         “Probably going to Mom and Dad’s for the normal. Are you guys going to the parents’?”


         “No, mom said she wasn’t making dinner and Delilah is still pissed at Dad.”


         The last time they had a family function, Delilah brought her new boyfriend. Everyone loved him except for her father, he interrogated the poor boy until the Delilah blurted out she was changing majors, trying to take the heat off of him. Mr. Edsell wanted her to be a lawyer, she changed to Marketing. I don’t know if they had talked since then with the exceptions of common formalities among acquaintances.


         “You know you can come over, I’m sure you’ll be put to work but...”


         “Are you asking or telling me?” he interrupted me flirtatiously grabbing my waist.


         I thought about it for a second, “Both.”


         “Nice.” he responded.


         I kissed him.


         “Even better.” he laughed and unclenched my waist to continue folding his laundry. “You know, I can remember when mom would threaten us with our lives if we weren’t at Thanksgiving dinner. But then they always made an excuse to leave the table, like ‘I forgot the rolls.’ she would say, ‘Oh, let me help you with those, dear.’ They would be in the kitchen making out or fighting, depending on their moods.”


         I gave him a strange look and we both started laughing.


...





         I entered the threshold to my parent’s house with Landon and Delilah immediately behind me. A wall of scents hit us like waves crashing on a sea barrier. Turkey, stuffing, pie, and potatoes. Instantly following the hellos and introductions, Mom whisked Landon away to the kitchen.


         “Caroline, I don’t think I will be of much help.” Landon pleaded as he was dragged through the swinging door.


         “Yes, you will. I am counting on you to make the corn pudding.” Mom replied.


         Delilah and I were sent to mingle with the guests. They consisted of Dad’s best friend and his wife, Chase and Sarah, Mom’s brother Uncle Dylan, Aunt Juliette and my 17 year old cousin Felicity. Also in attendance were my 13 year old twin brother and sister Alex and Alyssa.


         “Where’s Andrea?” Delilah wondered.


         She was referring to my four year older sister, “Still in California, she couldn’t get enough time off to come home.”


         The group conversed for awhile with the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on in the background.





         Dad popped open the bottle of wine, he pored glasses for everyone except Delilah, Felicity, the twins, and me.


         “Uh, Dad, where’s mine?”


         He looked at me dumbfounded.


         “I turned twenty-one a couple of weeks ago. You were at the party.”


         “Oh god, my little girl is grown up.” he cried.


         “I have been for a long time; you just didn’t want to notice.”


         He poured me a glass and proposed a toast, “To family and friends, and the memories of little girls growing up.”


         “Thanks Dad.” sarcasm said.


         “That was a nice toast, Jackson.” said Aunt Juliette.


         A tear came to his eye, “Hey, the next thing you know you are going to tell me you are engaged or pregnant or something like that.”


         I smiled, “Well actually,...”


         Landon’s eyes grew wide and questioning.


         The rest of the table stopped their independent conversations and stared at Landon and me.


         I burst out laughing, “I’m just kidding! Geez I don’t plan on getting married this young.”


         “What about the pregnant thing?” Uncle Dylan asked.


         “No, I’m not pregnant. You guys can obviously not take a joke.”


         A sigh of relief snuck out of Landon’s mouth. He saw my worried laughing face. “Oh, we forgot the rolls, Abby; can you help me in the kitchen?”


         We walked through the door and he immediately started talking. “It’s not that I don’t want kids, just not now.”


         “I know I feel exactly the same way.” I responded. With a laughing sigh, “I’m too young to be thinking about kids. We both are.”


         “Really?” he sighed with relief.


         “Yes.” I kissed him for caring.


         “Then where you trying to get your parents to hate me or something?”


         I answered care freely, “No.”


         We put the rolls in a basket and went back to the dining room. Dinner went on until the bowls were more than half empty and everyone’s stomachs were full.


         


         Later in the afternoon, Alex begged, “Dad, can we please start the pool tournament.”


         An exasperated sigh got Dad out of his recliner, “Okay, let’s go. Who's playing? We’re doing singles first then pairs.”


         The annual Harrison family Pool Tournament had begun. The rules were simple and clear: You lose a round you are out, singles then pairs, and have fun! 


         Six games later, the losers were Felicity, Uncle Dylan, Mom, Alex, Sarah, and then Landon. Dad and I were the only two left as tradition would have it. In the end he won on technicality, I called the wrong pocket. The pairs found Mom and Sarah victorious.
© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688636