*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689613-My-Second-Passion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#689613 added March 7, 2010 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
My Second Passion
I love to write, but I don't write.

At least for the last several days and continuing into tomorrow.

My wife lives in Hungary and I only see her for 2 weeks out of 8. When I am with her, I rarely write. Sometimes, when I am over there and she is at work, I can write. but for now, she is out here and on vacation - so I don't follow my second passion. I don't write.

Here is something you may hear a lot about from me. We were married 5 years ago. It took 18 months before she could reenter the country because it took 18 months for her to get a permanent resident card. If we were not married, she could have come right over but only for 5 months at a time. Anyway, the first green card (aka permanent resident card) expired. We applied for a renewal 60 days before it expired as directed and a year later, we are still waiting. This means she can only come over on a green card with an extra sheet of paper saying here card is extended for a year pending approval of the next card (a 10 year card)

Anyway, we go in for the interview and the parting comment was "It doesn't look good."
Me: What do you mean?
Him: It is clear that she doesn't live in the United States.
Me: So?
Him: She is required to live in the United States to get a green card.
Me: That is not true.
Him: Maybe you should have gotten a lawyer so you would know the laws of the land.
Me: I have read all of the requirements and there is nothing that says she must live here.
Him: It's in there
Me: Where
Him: It's in there
Me: Where exactly
Him: Well it is not in there but the intent is there
Me: Listen, do you have any doubt that my marriage is legitimate?
Him: No
Me: The intent of me showing her on my mortgage and the joint checking accounts etc is all to prove that we are really married. Once that has been established, it doesn't matter where she lives. The only requirement is that she cannot be out of the country for more than one year in a row. So, you are telling me that you are recommending that my wife not be allowed to live with me because she currently doesn't' live with me.
Him: I am just following the rules.
Me: But you just said the rule that you were quoting is really more of an idea, your term was "intent". I want to talk to a supervisor.
Him: That is not allowed
Me: I want a phone number to call or an email address
Him: That is not allowed.
Me: So, it is up to you, a poorly educated lawyer wanna-be to interpret the law and pass a judgment that will not allow my wife to live with me in the United States
Him: She can always visit you on a tourist visa

The above is as verbatim as I can recall.

I find out the final ruling in two weeks.

© Copyright 2010 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689613-My-Second-Passion