*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690513-Bowing-to-The-Man
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#690513 added March 17, 2010 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Bowing to The Man
I am a little embarassed to admit that I have added Google ads to my personal websites: jamesdillingham.com and jimdillngham.blogspot.com.

The ads, I think, detract from the websites themselves somewhat. This is especially true on the jamesdillingham.com site. That site has a black background and the ads tend to be very bright. So, am I selling out to the man? Am I sacrificing aesthetics for the big payday (my ads made $2.52 the first day). I hope not. This is just another part of my learning how to use the web as a tool to market my writing and anything else I want to put out there.

For example, I really like my blogspot page. I write differently there than I do here. This is the calm me you are reading now. The blogspot is the "ranting and raving" me or the "I have a big idea" me. I want to see if having Google ads will cause Google to drive more traffic to that site.

Now I have an Adsense account with Google. I know how to put ads on my blogspot (easy because it is sponsored by Google) and my personal site which I built myself using a third part software.

I want to enter today's Flash Fiction but I will not allow myself to do that until I crank out another 900 words on my novel. Sometimes that takes fifteen minutes; other times its a week.

If you go to my websites, don't forget to click through on some ads. I hope to someday may more than $3 per day from those.

Jim

© Copyright 2010 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690513-Bowing-to-The-Man