*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690741-March-19-2010
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1593865
Daily blog/ ramblings of a wife/mother about life friendship and family drama
#690741 added March 19, 2010 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
March 19, 2010
Hello World,
I have been a bad bloger, I have not had time to think in the last 5 months. Well I do now!  I lost my job yesterday after 71/2 years. I feel numb at this point I am not sure if it will hit me later but I feel this big stress relief. I know I can't live on umemployment (especially in Florida) and I know I will never get a job making the money I did, but I am still almost relieved.  I was working 10 hour days and only getting paid for 8, just because I wanted to keep my job. I was not happy in my job, there was so much stress and the constant worry of when it was going to end was just to much. I had been expecting it due to the economy and being in the construction field, my company had been laying off people weekly for months. It was a good company even with the pressures and I would go back in a heartbeat if asked because in Florida finding a job that offers great benefits and vacation and sick days is very hard to find. Now from what I have heard from other fellow unemployed people jobs want you to work without benefits and as a independent contractor so they do not have to pay taxes or worker's comp, use your own gas to travel around for their company and do it on a commission only basis. I don't know whats going to happen but I'm sure I'll be hurting before to long and all the stress from my lost job will look like a dream job again.

Well my daughter got the job at the film studio in China and will not be coming home this year at all. She will have to find an apartment in the city and get moved in after school ends this time.  She is so excited about the job though and I am happy for her. I will miss her but I understand the cost of coming home and going back on her own money with the cost of a trip one way being around 2,000.00. I am hoping she gets her fill of the job and comes home to get work at a studio here in the States. But I know her and she does not get bored fast. Maybe in a few years she will come back.

I am still trying to get my son to move his family back here so I can see and be apart of my grandkids lives. He is commited to one more year with his company then he will consider it. 

My sister who moved here in November has not had any luck finding a job and is re-thinking her move. She left this morning back to Chicago for a week or two, but I think she has been chased away by my mother and step dad. They are treating her like a teenager and they push the lodge so hard that its just making her nuts.  The lodge has a way of burning people out and when I say Lodge, I mean the co-worker from the lodge. People like myself and my sister start off willing to help and then they stop asking and appreciating and start demanding and taking advantage of you to the point where you leave all together.  My sister did so much for them and never questioned any request. She was harrassed by my mom to run for a officer of the lodge and gave in. She had been asking for a job behind the bar so she could make some money and when the daytime bartender lost her job last week my sis was so excited because she thought after being told from the beginning they would hire her if an opening came up. But when she told them she would rather work and get paid then be an officer, they told her no and they needed her more as an officer.  They screwed her so bad and now she's done with them too. So they lost an officer and a great bartender and a member in her and it helped me decide not to renew my dues either. I would rather find a new place to go have a drink then deal with the backstabbing that goes on in that place. My husband does not understand and wants me to renew so I can go with him but he will just have to go there alone. Well I have friends coming over for dinner tonight so I will say goodbye for now.

© Copyright 2010 Idle Thoughts (UN: selania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Idle Thoughts has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690741-March-19-2010