*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692259-April-4--324-word-count
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#692259 added May 1, 2010 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
April 4 324 word count
Happy Easter!





Today I count as an extraordinarily productive day.





First, I had finished Act One of the Stage Play Obax and The Night-Riders yesterday. This morning, in an act extraordinarily unlike myself, I plotted Act Two in its entirety! Whoo-ee!





Second, I wrote 8 pages on the play: and that was only Act Two, Scene One and Scene Two. Once again, I continue to astonish myself at the way writing this play has loosened my "creative tongue," and I am writing about processes and behaviours that I think about but have never expressed in writing. This play is turning out to be a very "political" endeavour, in that my true feelings about these eras are pouring forth.





Third, I upended my entire thinking on the Novel Workshop's April Workshop, which is using Karen Wiesner's First Draft in 30 Days.I had been planning one Stage Play and two books in The Yoruba Series. Well this afternoon I decided that the Stage Play itself is going to become a novel. LOL.





Fourth, this morning I found an article in the L.A.Times online that proves once again that "life imitates art," or perhaps that I am truly operating in the Zeitgeist.





Eugene TerreBlanche, South African white supremacist and founder in the 1970's of the Afrikaner Resistance Movement, a paramilitary organization, was found murdered in his bed. Allegedly two young workers employed  Part of his goals in founding the Movement in the 1970's were to establish three homelands for white settlers from which blacks would be barred.





I found it intriguing that this occurred when it did; I have been researching slave rebellions in Haiti (Toussaint L'Ouverture, early 19th century) and Virginia (Nat Turner). Of course, the death of Eugene TerreBlanche is regrettable, as is the future imprisonment of his killers, but isn't it intriguing how once again, life imitates art.





http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-safrica-terreblanche4-2010apr...





Thanks once again for your attention, Gentle Readers1 May your week simply flow with Creativity!













© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692259-April-4--324-word-count