*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692301-After-Easter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#692301 added April 4, 2010 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
After Easter
    Well, I survived the day. Church was nice. The kids were wonderful. We are really fortunate to have outstanding musicians, while many churches can't get a passable regular pianist.

    At home, everything was going smoothly and according to plan. I had announced dinner in 5 minutes. Then I dropped a huge bowl of sweet potatoes, top down. Mashed up orange potatoes with milk and butter and a spoonful of brown sugar carefully mixed in were now on the floor, the cabinets, the dishwasher and under the edges of everything. It was a favorite bowl of my mother's. It broke.I had a major fiasco to clean up in the kitchen. While I scooped it up and into the trash, everything else got cold, and the ice in the glasses melted. Sweet potatoes are healthy and full of fiber, but my family wouldn't get any today. And they took so much work to boil and peel and mash before mixing. Life happens.

    So everyone ate a lot of salad and marinated vegetables. The ham was good, etc. The baby called the horses out back in the neighbor's field do-do's (dog dog). People took little catnaps here and there. Tonight I watched a Gregory Peck movie, one of my favorite actors of all time.

    So the day has come to a peaceful conclusion. Each of us going to our own homes with the knowledge (or lack of) that Easter changed history and offers us a future.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692301-After-Easter