*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692315-Romance-feedback
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#692315 added March 16, 2013 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Romance feedback
Vivian Sometimes the naysayers are just wrong. I'll admit my story doesn't match yours, but my husband I met November 9, 1961 and were married February 18, 1962. People told us the marriage wouldn't last six months, but we're still together over 48 years later. ~Viv~

Mark Congrats on your personal miracle; your love, life and family. It is an inspiration, as well as an amazing truth that defies logical belief.

fyn Got to love a great story that shouldn't have worked, was against the odds and still, despite anything and everything worked! Got one of those myself.

I remember submitting a 'creative nonfiction story in college where I'd written about one of my adventures. The prof said no one would believe it--too strange--to many things just had to work and in real life they wouldn't--couldn't. Ah but they did, I replied. He still failed the paper as 'unbelievable.' Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction! lol. Congrats on a love-ly story!

Grace Great newsletter! Real life really can be better than fiction and your story proves that true love exists outside of romance novels. I love it! *Bigsmile*

Incurable Romantic Giselle, your true life story of how you met your husband was a wonderful, well-told read, and I thank you for it, and for having the courage to post it.

My story is somewhat similar to yours in the speed of the initial meeting of my late wife and I in high school. It took us 4 weeks to find the courage to confess our love. Like you and your husband, Linda was 16, I was 17.

I think now you can see a little bit of the similarity I mentioned. The biggest difference that adds a wonderful element to yours, is the transcontinental part of the story. Linda and I had 11 1/2 wonderful years of marriage in our 14 year relationship before she passed away.

Thank you again for sharing your story. It really made me feel good to find out that there are actually others whose relationships moved that rapidly and yet were very successful, as ours was. Congratulations to you and your husband on the success of your relationship.

Coolhand I love when editors share their personal experiences. Your long-distance, unlikely love connection was quite a story. Now, I can see why you love romance. Great newsletter.

StephBee - GOT Survivor I love stories like this. It shows that romance and love is very much alive in today's times. Thanks so much for sharing yours. Enclosed is a link to my story.

*smiles*
Steph "How I met my Husband

sarahreed That has to be one of the sweetest romantic stories I've ever read! Thank you for sharing. It's great to see that the impossible is possible, especially when love is involved. *Bigsmile*

The rhapsodic dreamer if this is true, i'm very happy for you. This is very romantic and gives me a hope that this type of incidients can happen in real life.

Susanne I think that your story is great, and not very differrent from my own. I meet my husband to be in Thailand. I am Swedish, was living in London and was travelling for 2 months in Asia. He is Danish and was on a two week holdiay. We were in the same diving class. I then went back to London, he to Copenhagen but he had decided, just like your husband, that I was the one. It took a few trips and may telephone calls but 6 months later we deceided to give it a try. We commuted for two years then finally moved in together in Brussels, Belgium. We have been together now for 12 years and have 2 beautiful boys. I believe that real love crosses all distances and borders. Maybe long distance love knows it has to try harder and will always keep trying harder.
/Susanne in Sweden

LJPC - the tortoise OMG, Giselle, the tale of your own romance with your husband was by far the best romance I've read recently! I probably wouldn't have believed it if it were fiction. Congrats to you for twelve years! *Smile* -- Laura

sybaritescriobe Fabulous story, my friend. And thank you for highlighting my contest, "Paradise Cove Writing Challenge-On Hold. *Wink*



© Copyright 2013 Annette (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Annette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692315-Romance-feedback