*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692843
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
#692843 added April 11, 2010 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
Chapter-Eleven
         I laid back on Delilah’s bed with my feet still touching the ground. She plopped down beside me taking over her side moving the pillows for more space.


                   “It’s over.” She stated out of nowhere, “It’s over and it’s my fault.”


                   At this I balanced on my side intrigued by what she was saying. “What’s over?...You and B.J.?” I asked both stunned and concerned.


                   She just stared at me and shook her head up and down.


                   “What the hell happened? Are you nuts? He loves you. You love him…,” I paused, “you do you love him?”


                   “Apparently not enough to get over the looks his mother gives me.”


                   “So you broke up with him?”


                   “Should I start from the beginning?” Delilah posed getting annoyed by all the questions and all the answers she was giving.


                   My face said ‘Of course.’


                   “Okay well after his mom caught us on Valentine’s Day it was beyond awkward. After that every time I saw her I got this look and then I started avoiding her. It didn’t work. It was like I kept seeing her constantly. She probably thought I was a good influence for him. But she wasn’t expecting him to be mounting me in his bedroom on Valentine’s Day. Now she has to hate me.”


                   “Did you tell him this?” I wondered.


                   “Not necessarily,” she took a breath then continued her story. “I think he just picked up on it.”


                   “He let himself lose you because of his mother?” I interrupted in disbelief.


                   “No, he didn’t. He fought me hard for the last couple of days. He came up with every excuse to stop me, to avoid his mom, everything. Then last night he asks ‘Can we still be friends? Because I’m still friends with Landon and we are always going to see each other like before.’ I was stunned and shocked and I felt so horrible for doing that to him.”


                   “You should,” I stated under my breath. “What did you say?”


                   “I said ‘Yes, just not when your mom is around.”


                   We both smiled and laughed weakly, the situation was somber but needed some pressure released.


                   “Are you sure about this? I mean the breaking up thing…you guys have been going strong for what eight months now?”


                   She sat there contemplating, “I can’t do it. I love him but I can’t do it.” She started crying, “Does that make me a bad person? Because I don’t want to try to get over this? I just want it to go away.” She buried her face into a pillow.


                   I never answered her question. I just hugged her the best I could laying on our sides.


                   Awhile later, a gurgle resonated from her stomach. “I guess I’m hungry…I can’t remember the last time that I ate.”


                   “You wanna go see if Landon will make us something?”


                   “You know he will,” she smiled wickedly, “If we give him puppy dog eyes.”





                   Delilah munched on leftover salad while Landon made us all chicken primavera. She proceeded to tell him what happened between her and B.J.


                   All he said was “Good thing I didn’t invite him over like I was going to.” then carried on to check the chicken.








                   A month or so after the break up Delilah was reminded once again of what she was afraid of. We were supposed to be studying for a math test. Okay she was helping me study. Delilah was perched at the window starring.


                   B.J. was outside with a group of his senior friends taking pictures before Prom in the garden. Of course attached to his arm was a girl. She was falling all over him in her tight pink satin dress. Her blonde hair was twisted into curls placed on her fair head. Her breasts were perky, almost falling out of her dress.


                   “Are you still hung up on him?” I asked to trying to tone down the fact that she was allowed to still be hurting.


                   Delilah ignored me for a second, “Huh? No. I wouldn’t have been able to go to Prom with him anyway. He needs to hang out with people his own age.”


                   “Dee, we were doing that,” pointing to the lines of dressed up seniors and parents with cameras, “just two years ago. We’re not that much older than him.”


                   “I know but…” she couldn’t finish what she was saying, “So where were we?” picking up her book.


                   It was her fault that they were not together anymore. But they had been together for over seven months which was close to Delilah’s record for longest relationship. It may have started out as friends with benefits but she ended up copying his feelings of really like which grew to love a few months after his.





         Life went on as normal- school and work. Nothing much happened until mid April, it was time for my best friend to turn 21.


                   The Saturday was planned to a tee, expect for what happened after that time slot had started. At 2pm was the Mad Hatter’s sPiKeD Tea Party. The garden downstairs was reserved for Delilah and all of her guests. The dress code was strictly enforced, anything wacky and crazy but on the semiformal side, it was a tea party after all. A long table was set up with crisp white linens that blew in the wind. Splashes of neon colors enveloped the china that Dee had painted and splattered; a few spots of the original pattern shown through mixing traditional with hip. At each place setting was a name wrote in fancy calligraphy. The chairs were all mismatched being every possible size, shape, and color imaginable. The aroma of Jasmine wafted past every crevasse even when the breeze was nonexistent. The various other flowers dotted the greenery being in full bloom for spring. The centerpieces were replaced by the trays of sandwiches, mini desserts, and cookies, along with tea pots filled with an assortment of alcohol to settle anyone’s craving.


                   The guests were as varied as the tea pots’ contents. Friends, classmates, woman from work, friends of her mother’s and her mother were all in attendance. While Barbara approved of the tea party she hated the china being painted and the food just sitting where the centerpieces were supposed to be. The guests enjoyed the festivities, the ‘tea’, and the strawberry cake in the shape of a martini glass.


                   After the tea party the girls who would be returning later went home to take a nap and get ready for the continued celebration tonight.


         


                   At 10o’clock on the dot the limo arrived. Girls and guys piled in then proceeded to pop the initial bottle of the night. On the way to the first stop the rules of the night were explained. Then we presented Delilah with the list of 21 things to do. Each had to be completed before she could go home. Then Party Law got explained and erected. Party Law (also called Women Law) is when there are rules of the night that are completely crazy that everyone at the function must follow. For instance, singing while climbing stairs, bowing or curtsying before opening a door or shouting ‘The butler did it!’ every time a picture is taken. The crowd in the limo were very creative in determining theirs.


                   What happened after that became a blur of shots, party law, and Delilah dancing on the bar, that was something she had never done before.


{Picture of paper, typed list, handwritten check marks/cross-outs/notes, etc}


21 Things To Do-


1. Buy/borrow/find 21 accessories or clothing


2. Give 21 autographs


3. Randomly scream “It’s my birthday! WhooHoo!” in public. Ask strangers what they bought you for your birthday!


4. Do something you are afraid of doing; like sky-diving, bungee-jumping, wake-boarding, kickboxing, paintballing, asking that special someone out for a date, etc.


5. Get 21 balloons


6. 21 roses (and one for good luck)


7. Coaster or matches from bar/club.


8. Find somebody in a costume.


9. Kiss a statue.


10. Find someone who can put a knot in a cherry stem with their tongue.


11. Find somebody with the same name.


12. Birthday girl has to kiss or be kissed by a stranger.


13. Get D.J. to announce Birthday.


14. Do something you have never done before.


15. Get everyone in a bar/club to sing “Happy Birthday!”


16. Receive 21 kisses (Does not include #12)


17. Blackjack 21


18. Get 21 phone numbers (No fakes!)


19. Buy 21 cents worth of anything


20. Persuade 21 people someone from the group is famous


21. Make and do Party Law- (Rules everyone must follow tonight)


  Give b-day girl a compliment before every shot, …_________________________________


___________________________________________________________________________
© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692843