*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692844
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
#692844 added April 11, 2010 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
Chapter-Twelve
         The sea of navy blue with tiny red tassels waited until it was official. The man at the microphone announced, “May I present the Lincoln High School Class of 2007.” The audience cheered. “You are dismissed.” The mob threw their hats in the air.


                   Delilah, Landon and I waited for a couple minutes for the crowds to evacuate then we searched for B.J.


                   “There he is.” I pointed towards the 50 yard line.


                   The blonde hair was flying every which way with the wind. He was surrounded by a group of friends taking pictures. We made our way to the field, through the crowds and to our friend and neighbor.


                   “Hey man, congrats! You are finally done with it.” Landon said as he gave B.J. a handshake then a man hug.


                   “Thanks.”


                   Next in line was me, “Congratulations!” I said as I gave him a hug. “What’s next?”


                   “I don’t know. I got accepted in California so maybe there.”


                   We both waited for Delilah to come up…it took her a second to return to reality. She hugged him and whispered in his ear “I am so proud of you.” She didn’t mean to whisper but I could tell her voice wasn’t working properly. They both lingered a little too long on the hug.


                   “The present.” I said to Delilah reminding her she was holding it.


                   “Oh right, here you go.” She handed the bag to the graduate. As he pulled out the little graduation bear holding a gift card she added, “It’s from all of us,” and smiled.


                   “Thank you.” He directed at her.


                   His mom came over hugging her little boy, “Sorry that took so long but your Father’s girlfriend would not shut up.” She then noticed the group encircling B.J. “Oh, hey guys.”


                   “Hi, Ms. Craig,” we all stated in unison.


                   “I can’t believe my little baby is a graduate…” she sniffled, “I guess he’s not so little anymore.”


                   B.J. blushed at his mother.


                   “What are your plans after dinner?” she continued.


                   “¬¬¬Scott's having a party.” He answered her not giving anymore detail.


                   “Okay,” she sighed, “just be careful Please.” She stressed the last part.


                   “Well we’ve got to go.” Landon explained. “I’ve seen enough of my old teachers for a lifetime.”


                   B.J. laughed, “Haha, yeah. I’ll catch you guys later. Thanks again.” He stated gesturing towards the bag.


                   We said our goodbyes and traveled to the car to wait in the traffic to go out to eat.





                   A week later it was Delilah and me’s turn. We were dressed in maroon gowns our white tassels dangled in front of us as the speakers spoke their inspirational words, people were honored and the sun was setting. We were both graduating with our AA’s, she in Marketing, I in Interior Design.


                   Another chapter was ending, next August would be the first time we never been in classes together since we met. Not to mention the fact that I was moving out of state. Delilah had changed her mind so many times about next year it surprised me when she decided to stay in Orange Grove and continue on to her Bachelor’s here. But then again she had seen the world already. Since she was little her family would go anywhere for vacations. Meanwhile my family only visited other family in Ohio and Tennessee. We hadn’t even visited Andrea in when she moved to California. I know Georgia wasn’t the world but it was something other than Orange Grove, which I had never known. As sad as the separation fact was we were ten times more happy to be graduating we both had worked our butts off these past two years.


                   I walked across the stage with a smile a mile wide, shook the Dean’s hand as he placed the diploma in my other hand. I could hear my entire hear my entire family and friends cheering from the audience. I did it and I was so proud of myself.


                   Later that night we celebrated our accomplishment with friends cocktails, dancing, and pool at the Pool Hall. The next two days were devoted to parties with family.





                   A barbeque greeted me as I arrived at Mom’s the following day. Dad had grilled ribs, Mom made fruit salad, corn bread and baked macaroni and cheese. Alex and Alyssa were hanging decorations and pulling out the extra chairs for all the people Mom invited.


                   “I’m so proud of you.” Mom said as I picked up a piece of watermelon from the bowl and pooping it in my mouth.


                   “Thanks.” I reciprocated.


                   “Are you sure you want to move so far away to Georgia? You could stay, do like Delilah.”


                   I smiled and rolled my eyes, “Mom I’ve already told you I’m going there. It’s the best program for me. And I’m not leaving until August.”


                   She exhaled a smile, “I know.” She hugged me tight, “What are you and Landon going to do?”


                   I could feel me face go blank and sad. “We don’t know. Don’t really want to think about it.”


                   She shook her head in agreement, “You guys will figure it out.”


                   The doorbell rang, it was Uncle Dylan and Aunt Juliette, with their arrival the sad mood flew away to be dealt with in August…


                   The party goers congratulated me with cards, hugs and kisses.





                   By the early evening the celebration had died down. Most of the guests fled to start their Saturday nights. Mom began the dishes, Dad was teaching Alex a pool combination. I was sitting on the sun bed using Landon as a pillow watching Alex’s shot.


                   “Abs,” I heard the echo from inside his body.


                   I turned to my focus my attention on Landon, “Uhm?”


                   “God you’re beautiful. I love you.”


                   I blushed and smiled. It didn’t matter how many times he said it, those words made me blush and he knew it.


                   “Geez, see you are blushing and it makes my view even better.”


                   I lifted my head from his chest aligning with his face, “I love you too Landon Edsell I always will.”


                   We kissed.
© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692844