*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692846-Chapter-Fourteen
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1649620
A girl finds her best friend&brother are romantically involved but she has a secret too
#692846 added April 11, 2010 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
Chapter-Fourteen
…1 year, 3 months after that





                   Delilah’s news was still reeling in my head when I thought I saw a familiar face among a group of lost students. Could it be him? No, he went to school in California, it’s probably just a look-a-like, his long lost twi- no it’s him, B.J. Craig. He was standing 10 feet in front of me. There was no mistaking it. I smiled and waved, “Hi!”


                   He walked over and gave me a hug. “It’s nice to see a familiar face from back home.” he said squeezing me tight.


                   The group he was with started ‘Ooohing and awwwing .’ they were all dressed to the nines in suits and dresses.


                   “Don’t even! She’s dating my neighbor from back home.”


                   I started shaking my head, “Actually, no. We thought the long distance thing would be too hard.”


                   A surprised look jumped onto his face, “Really?! You two are perfect for each other. Hey do you know where the library is?”


                   “Which one?”


                   “Uh, the big one?”


                   I smiled and pointed to the right, “Right there. So why are you here?”


                   “Med student conference.” he stated a little proud.


                   “Med student? Wow.” I was surprised at that. “So do you want to get dinner tonight and catch up?”


                   “Totally.”


                   We exchanged numbers and then his group mossied to the library.


         


                   That night we met at Clint&Gill’s Bar‘n’Grill. We greeted each other with an embrace then proceeded in the bustling establishment.


                   “So how’s the conference going?” I asked to start up a conversation.


                   “Good.” he responded plainly.


                   “So what exactly are you majoring in?”


                   “Gynecology.”


                   I giggled, “Really? That’s perfect for you.” I joked with him.


                   He laughed, “Thanks.”


                   “How ‘bout you?”


                   I finished my sip from the margarita in front of me. “Well in May I’m graduating with a BA in Interior Designing.”





                   The past loomed over head but was kept at bay until we were eating, Landon popped up from B.J.’s mouth.


                   “Landon could have done this better.” he mentioned, referring to his chicken. He flinched realizing who he was talking about.


                   I smiled, “He could have.”


                   “If you don’t mind me asking, how is Landon?”


                   “He’s great. He just graduated, again, for restaurant management or ownership... not exactly sure. And now he is the head chef at some new hot spot.”


                   “Do you guys still talk?”


                   I paused, “...Occasionally, birthdays, when I am bored, I see him some holidays. Personally, it’s a little too hard to just talk to him and not...”


                   “...have to bring up the memories?” he finished for me.


                   “Yeah, so most of my info is from Dee.”


                   I noticed B.J.’s ears perk up a little, like a puppy’s. “How is Delilah?” he finally brought her up.


                   “Well last night she called me and told me she just got engaged.”


                   “Wow, she’s engaged, that’s great. To whom?” he inquired.


                   “Isaac Simms, they met last October at a video store and have been inseparable since.”


                   “Have you met him?”


                   “Yeah, Thanksgiving and then Christmas. He’s a really great guy; he is a detective for the police department.”


                   “Wow, I’m happy for her.” he said in a generic happy tone.


                   I could see something in his eye, so I changed the subject. “SO, do you have a special someone back at school? Or is she here with you?”


                   “I’ve been on a few dates but nothing special. They are all just friends. Even though now that you mention it there is this one fiiiiine girl in my organic chemistry class. She has potential to be something more. What about you?”          


                   I bit my bottom lip, “Uh, yeah there have been a few guys.”


                   “Well...come on spill.” B.J. egged on.


                   “I have dated a few guys, lived with a ‘fun’ buddy. I thought I was in love once but he told me he was sleeping with the campus slut, all since Landon.” 


                   “My have we been a busy girl?”


                   “Yea sure. I think I am just being a normal college student.” a wry smile appeared.


                   “That’s understandable.”


                   The rest of the night was an enjoyable flashback to the years before any intimate relationships enveloped the siblings, neighbor and best friend.


© Copyright 2010 notwhatiappear2b (UN: allusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
notwhatiappear2b has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692846-Chapter-Fourteen