*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#693019 added April 12, 2010 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
Increasing The Pace
I'm worried about you. You may be moving too fast.

"I'm not afriad anymore. Does that scae you?"

She rolls her eyes at me. Don't be foolish. Burning bridges is foolish.

"And being mistreated by people is foolish. You've been telling me this whole time to stick up for myself,and now that I am, you're trying to hold me back?"

It's a strange time of year for you. You know that.

"I know I can let my emotions get the best of me. I can fly off the handle at a moment's notice. But this is also the time of year when I have the freedom to be myself. What are you worried about?"

You love the others so much. For a heart like yours to suddenly be without your support system...it could be dangerous if something were to happen to you. If you have no one to depend on.

"I don't need crutches. I need people who will really support me. Not pretty props. I'm starting to learn what real friends really are. From the most unexpected sources. I wouldn't have counted my cousins as friends up until recently, but they are. And they always have been. I just took them for granted."

She smiles at me. I didn't expect you to be moving this fast. What a pleasant surprise. I wonder what else this year will have in store for you.
© Copyright 2010 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693019