*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693068-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Fantasy · #1663753
A winged man believes he is one-of-a-kind and falls headfirst into a strange, hidden world
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#693068 added April 13, 2010 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Now, this is the part where my adventures really begin, about two months later, when Uncle Sam comes a-knockin'.


To give you a short summary of what happened after those brats knocked my door down, I was accused of attacking them. Yeah, right. A few weeks after that little incident, I was out in a lavender field, helping old Mrs. Jones, the town's slightly eccentric widow, with her annual harvest. I had been having a little bit of a hard time finding a job, so Mrs. Jones offered this. She didn't pay tons, but it was enough for rent and groceries, so I wasn't about to start complaining. Ten bucks an hour, until the harvest was finished. There were only two of us, and the field is absolutely huge (or was, but I'll get to that part later). Ten acres, in fact.


Mrs. Jones made all kinds of different things with those flowers (this does have something to do with the story, I promise), and she asked me to take a bottle of lavender perfume to the mother of one of those idiots who tried to harass me (I didn't realize that until later, otherwise I wouldn't have gone). So into town I went.


I walked up to the door and knocked. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. At the point I started thinking no one was home, the woman (I think her name was Mrs. Featherlight. Really!) opened the door wearing nothing but a towel. I swear to it.
© Copyright 2010 Eclipse (UN: eclipse1993 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Eclipse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693068-Chapter-2