*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693332-Dorian-you-mysterious-jerk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1665009
This is for my personal thoughts and ideas for Era and Dorian, plus other random ideas.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#693332 added April 17, 2010 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Dorian, you mysterious jerk.
DoDorian is getting rough to write, and I'm not sure why.

I think I'm trying to force things that aren't there. His condo seems hazy at best in my recounting, but in my mind its clear. I'm not too worried about it, as pretty much every third chapter will take place (at least partly) there, providing multiple opportunities to clean up the place. His night time walks, however, are a little more problematic and all gracious readers should expect them to shift and grow into proper maturity and reality over time. For example, his first night out (in the story) he finds a bar in which two drunken patrons (one known as "The Floppy One" and other only as "Citybilly Guy") are destroying the bar in attempt to destroy each other.

The dialogue is better than it would normally be, mainly because there isn't a lot other than cursing. When Dorian speaks (something he hasn't really done until this part in the story) he just becomes more mysterious. What do we know about Dorian? Well, he is an amazing cook of the short-order variety, he has a sarcasticly dry stream of thought, he drives a piece of dung car that is literally falling apart. We also know that he is prone to migraines, and that historically (although we don't know how long) he would combat it with bourbon. We know he lives in Francois d'Assissian Condominiums, complete with a red carpet entry and nice hardwood floors. He reads, or at least used to, a lot. We also have a vague notion that he has certain rules, #1 and #3, and roughly what they are. #1 came into play when Frankie was going to "take" Jessica home, and after the bartender was knocked unconscious by the drunken brawlers, and that #3 came into Dorian's mind when Floppy made an angry comment to Citybilly.

Well, I decided to faceplant my way through and see what happens at the bar. It's a little lean, I think, but I got the bones in the right order.

Man, the bartender is a bit of a windbag, but then again I have a feeling he's the type so used to listening to others talk that he's subconciously making up for it.

Also, looking at my chapter lengths, either this will end up a rather short novel, or it might need to start eating more. It looks about as weighty as Christian Bale in the Machinist.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

© Copyright 2010 Deacon Black (UN: kelsasser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Deacon Black has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693332-Dorian-you-mysterious-jerk