*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694135-Kickin-It-Old-School
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#694135 added April 24, 2010 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Kickin' It Old School
Hey, everyone! I've actually been consumed by a sprawling 10,000+ word story for another community that is finished in longhand but still needs to be typed. Hence I haven't been around much. That said, I would like to share a little snippet of some sci-fi stuff that I've been contemplating.

*Idea* I watched a couple TOS episodes on YouTube a few months back, namely "The Trouble With Tribbles" and "Mirror, Mirror". I enjoyed both of those eps, and had I been alive when it originally aired, I think I would have followed it regularly. Get obsessed with it? I don't know. Either way, it was certainly an entertaining way to spend my time. The original portrayal of Klingons was quite...different. Having grown up with TNG Kilngons, I was taken aback when I watched "Tribbles". By the way, that ep cracked me up, and Scotty's zealousness for the ship was just beyond epic. "Mirror, Mirror" made more of an impression, namely because it had a greater deal of character development. I think I should have seen at least one other episode of TOS before "Mirror", though, because I ended up not liking TOS Sulu. Otherwise, it was a captivating episode, and I had a brainstorm about Uhura afterward. I'll save that for another entry, though, because it involves another long discussion on gender and characterization. *Wink* One final thought. The ISS symbol of the Terran Empire? I hate to say this, but I thought it was gorgeous. I could see that as a potential tattoo design. I might stick with the Olympics rings, though.

*Idea* Anyone watching the new Doctor Who right now? I don't get BBC America in my neck of the woods, so I'll have to wait for Netflix. However, from what I've seen of it, on an aesthetic level it seems like a smoother blend of Classic Who with contemporary vision. Eleven's outfits and build echo the Classic Who doctors more than Nine and Ten, at least in the photos I've seen. And I hear people are actually okay with the redesign of the TARDIS. I'll probably get around to watching it, but I'm curious as to what other people think in real-ish time first.

*Idea* I'm still a little behind on FlashForward but have seen some of the more recent eps. I'll have to do a separate entry on that, but this half of the season really makes me miss Allan like a mofo. Stan still rocks my socks, though. Then again, Courtney B. Vance is just plain awesome. Talk about an underrated actor. It would kick so much ass if he and Karl worked together. I'd pay to see that happen. ANYWAY, I'm a little up in the air about Mark, Janice, and Zoe. Poor Dem is getting screwed. Aaron, meanwhile, just whoa. I didn't see any of that coming. I hope we get to find out about his mission to find Tracy. I've always thought he was one of the more solid characters, flawed but sympathetic. I would watch a show that's strictly about his trials and tribulations. I think there's an audience for it. Oh, and I'm going to get the novel, by the way. When I'll read it I don't know. Probably in 2012 at the rate I'm (not) going.

*Idea* There's a reason I don't drink often. I woke up this morning, and while trying to go back to sleep (after getting only four hours or so of rest), I started thinking about old fanfic story ideas I planned but never wrote. Most of these are for Heroes, and one involved the daughter of Sylar and Maya being raised by Peter and Mohinder but using her multiple abilities to find her biological parents to find out the truth about her lineage. Since a lot of the elitists seem to have disappeared from the fandom, I'm so tempted write it. I probably won't because of my 8 zillion other commitments, but I'll entertain myself with the whole concept.

I promise more entries as soon as I can get caught up on other stuff first.


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694135-Kickin-It-Old-School