*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694450-Story-accepted-at-Awkward-Press
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1625579
My writing blog
#694450 added April 27, 2010 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Story accepted at Awkward Press
Magazine: Awkward Magazine  

At Awkward Press, we believe imaginative fiction shouldn’t be confined by genre limitations. There are countless worlds running parallel to ours that are worth exploring. They might look the same as our world. They might operate by the same rules. They may be filled with recognizable names and places. But inside all of these worlds is something that’s just a touch out of place. Something … awkward. In Awkward Press’s publications, we strive to showcase works by talented artists who choose to create outside the realm of traditional publishing. As the major publishing houses latch onto flavor-of-the-month trends in search of the next blockbuster, readers must turn to smaller houses to find writing that’s risky, original, and alive. And that’s what Awkward Press is all about—bringing a sense of adventure back to reading. Exploring the fringes of literature. And selling our releases for less than the cost of a movie ticket.



Hard Times in NYC - 1025 word suspense thriller story to be included in the Awkward II issue.

Humility reminder: Prior to this acceptance, Hard Times in NYC had been rejected at one other magazine.

What do you know.  No acceptances for a while, then two print magazines in April.


Current status: 55 items in 63 submissions. One new market attempted, the Holidays of Horror anthology.

© Copyright 2010 Ben Langhinrichs (UN: blanghinrichs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ben Langhinrichs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694450-Story-accepted-at-Awkward-Press