*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694861-Dont-you-understand-I-had-Plans
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#694861 added May 1, 2010 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Don't you understand? I had Plans!
About 15 minutes ago, my husband and son left for the ND Badlands for a father/son camping trip with about four other father/sons.

I miss them already.

By the same token, I had planned to go out and about to take about 1000 photos of our lovely spring landscapes/flora/fauna, et al.

But the skies decided to cry.

All weekend according to the forecasts.

What to do instead? Since I haven’t written anything in a while, it’s probably a good idea to take advantage of the time alone and catch up. I have an outline to complete for my new installment of “The Red Dagger.” I should also research publishers/agents for the first one. This will be easier than my Christian SF “Traitors”, because it’s a more secular story.

Sad, isn’t it, that secular stories sell better? Then again, it is a secular world.

Some might say it’s a sell-out for a Christian to write a secular story in the first place. Not really. Jesus said to go out amongst and preach to the “sinners.” I’m no preacher, but I can still spread the Message, however subtly.

Who knows, if I manage some success with “The Red Dagger,” perhaps those readers will be curious enough to read my more overtly Christian works. One never knows — even if one can hope.

It’s now May 1, and I should find out in about two weeks whether or not “Traitors” made the second phase of the Genesis contest sponsored by American Christian Fiction Writers  . Am I excited? Eh. Not really. I figure it will be what it will be. Like I said before, I’m more interested in the critique.

You can find the score sheet HERE   if you’re interested in how the stories are judged. Regardless of my score, I’ll be able to see concretely my strengths and weaknesses and go from there.

© Copyright 2010 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694861-Dont-you-understand-I-had-Plans