*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695986-Just-not-enough-timeor-bad-choices-wait
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#695986 added May 12, 2010 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
Just not enough time...or bad choices... wait!
I know, I just don't have time. I am saying that here now that I have another reminder that I have NOT written anything here in a month... or more. Ok... just a month, I am getting a tad better. But, is it my time lagging... or is it more likely, my choices lacking? I mean, here I sit tonight, with a chance to wordify (ok not a real word I just Bush- lagged from 2008, I guess). He did have a way with the English language. I am not sure which way... but a way. He apparently had some decent enough policies, even with my disagreement over many of them. I say that because his successor is continuing many of them. Yes, Obama has kept the wars going, the Executive Branch power grab going, and he played with the tax system just like Bush only from a different angle. I personally don't see what the Tea Party is going on about. Nothing has really changed in any significant way. They are accusing Obama of things I was saying about Bush... and we are both right in many ways. But, I digress.

I was cranking about choices of time and how I was not using it to write. And, that is the case, I am using my time to not put words anywhere. Ok, there is an occasional jot or two in my pocket notebook. It isn't much, but it does have a word count... sort of. I am spending time taking an improv class. That has been fun... and helpful in day to day kinds of rolling with the relationship "punches". It even got me a part in a small play that was actually performed in front of people. I don't want to get carried away in the details, but it was fun. I'm still working at a geography job. I would not have thought that during college or for a long time after, either. But, here I am working with a small company that builds database repositories and translates them into whatever database language the client wants. And, we qc planimetric data... and no... go look it up.

I have the garden in... mostly tomatoes and squash and stuff... we'll see. I am really great at getting it in, then I have problems telling other plants they can't grow there. Ok, it is a left over trauma from growing up. We moved every two to three years. My dad was not military, so there was no cultural overlay to lend stability to things... every place was just a little different from the last. I learned quickly that iron-clad rules shifted with location. So, I have a hard time telling the travelling plants to get out of my garden... it hits really close to home. I am getting better at it though. I did have a "crop" of multiple weeks of tomatoes last year. The other plants were kind of hit or, mostly, miss. But, heck, it is only a garden and I don't need it to survive... just to enjoy much fresher food if it happens.

I built a play-set in the back yard. My wife has a home based pre-school that uses the Bank Street School of Education as her model and guide. The old one (20ish years old) was going slowly away one rusty piece at a time. So, she and I went out an bought a new one and it is now put together. It took me awhile, yes, I read the directions... man, that slows things down some. But, I think I got all the parts in place, held by the called for fasteners in the called for place. It feels good... but it wasn't writing.

Anyway, that is about all for now... maybe next month.

© Copyright 2010 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695986-Just-not-enough-timeor-bad-choices-wait