*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696960-BETA--Convert-DOC-to-WritingML
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#696960 added August 25, 2010 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
BETA: Convert .DOC to WritingML!
Our first attempt to offer document conversion using RTF files ("RTF File Conversion [BETA]) worked ok, but had some rather large bugs. Prompted by some discussion of document conversion in "Beta Tests: Comments, here is our first Word .DOC converter.

Just upload a Word .DOC file and the system will give it back to you with the formating in WritingML.
          http://www.writing.com/main/tools.php?action=docconvert

It's a very "empty" page and this is still a very early test. I would like to hear about the results members get with the converter and hope some of you will give it a test run. We'd like to see how accurate it is and how the WritingML output compares to the "real thing" in Word.

If you'd like to give feedback on how well the converter does, please post in "Beta Tests: Comments or reply to this blog posting. *Note* If there's something in particular you'd like me to take a look at, remember to include the File ID# that the converter gives you.



Thanks!
~~SM

© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696960-BETA--Convert-DOC-to-WritingML