*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697031-Sunday-May-23-2010
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#697031 added May 23, 2010 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010

         I hope you will find the following both productive and beneficial.

         I've been considering "fixations," patterns of thought.  The bible says that we are to Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (2 Corinthians10:3-5)/1/  We are not to let our thoughts run rampant without control, fixate on things that irritate us, fixate on negative thoughts... thoughts that bring us down.  We can control our thoughts ---- distract our minds from negative, unhelpful, unfruitful thinking. 

         Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep (guard) your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:6&7) 

         Then Finally, brethren (brothers and sisters in Christ), whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there by any praise, think (meditate) on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

         God would not tell us to control our thoughts, imaginations if we were unable to do so.  With God's help, we are empowered to control our thinking, speaking, behavior...  We do not need to allow ourselves to dwell on every thought that pops into our head, and to react in kind --- in speech or behavior.  We have the power to distract ourselves, guide our thoughts.

         There is another scripture I'm reminded of,  Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. (Matthew 12:34; Luke 6:45; Mark 7:19-21)  In other words, whatever we allow our minds to dwell upon will come out through our words speech and will motivate (be displayed by) our actions...

         Read, study, meditate on Psalm 1.  Allow these words to roll over and over in your mind.

----------------------
/1/ For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; ... (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

All scripture references are taken from the King James Version (KJV) of the Holy Bible.

© Copyright 2010 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697031-Sunday-May-23-2010