*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697409-Waking-as-if-from-Sleep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#697409 added May 26, 2010 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Waking as if from Sleep
It has been an inexcusable amount weeks since I wrote anything, even kept up with my blog entries. The new baby has brought limitless joy but also a new host of time-consuming responsibilities. I think about the last date of my publication and I think...you can't get too far away from that...you have to produce something! I signed back in today and found my inbox littered with Update Your Blog reminders, newletters and update emails from the groups I have not been a contributing member of. After cleaning house, I decided to make a run at the new UEN contest in an attempt to get myself writing. One of the prompts fit loosely with a piece I had started months ago so I thought I had a better chance at making the June 20th deadline if I tried to work with it. The result is a rough, barely readable short story that has just a hint of promise and almost none of the talent evidenced by some of my other pieces. I feel rusty and out of sorts. I submitted it for reviews and comments and hope that I can get some additional motivation from those that both dislike and like it. In the meantime, I am going to force myself to write more than updates to my daughter's baby books, entries which also, sadly seem to lack my usual creativity. I think I am just tired and still adjusting to this new and wonderful life.

© Copyright 2010 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697409-Waking-as-if-from-Sleep