*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697775-What-Holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#697775 added May 31, 2010 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
What Holiday?
If I think long and hard I can vaguely remember visiting the Greek island of Skiathos, although it already seems ages ago in a different lifetime. It's a beautiful place and the weather was gorgeous on the whole, although we did experience a freak storm the first night we were there followed by torrential rain the following morning. As predicted, there was a mini heatwave back home. Yours truly, the weather witch is alive and well it appears.

It was a very welcome break and an ideal place to just chill, but the week flew by and now we're back into the humdrum routine with all its rough and tumble. Since we returned home we've had a day of continuous rain, another with very strong winds and the familiar grey skies which seem to dominate all our seasons.

Dad is still in hospital but the ward was clear of infection and opened last Thursday. He is due home this Wednesday with a carer going in four times a day to help him. There's much to be done still before his arrival and I'm feeling very nervous of what the future holds. Whatever it is I'm pretty sure it won't be simple or reassuring, but I have to keep reminding myself this is HIS choice and I cannot be held responsible for the outcome.

Paul and the children visited yesterday and had dinner with us, but Mey Ling didn't join them as she supposedly has a stomach bug. I'll resist commenting on that one. Tomorrow is her burpday and we'll have to wait and see if our offer of taking the family for a meal is accepted. I have to attempt to carry on as usual with no animosity, but whatever happens is now up to her. She should realise sulking and staying away when she caused the problem initially will solve nothing, but only time will tell if light will dawn.

Nothing much else to report but am already feeling tired and in need of a holiday. Some people are never satisfied are they? Here's the link to a few of my Skiathos photos on Picasa. This time last week I was sunning on a beach and now I have to cook dinner...sigh.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/SkiathosMay2010?feat=directlink



© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697775-What-Holiday