*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698180-My-Email
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#698180 added June 4, 2010 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
My Email
Whenever I log in the thing thats on my mind is Email. Do I have any, who is it from, is it going to make me feel good or is someone going to take me to task. Most of the time it is site reminders, which are good but always a bit of a dissappointment. What I want is for someone to tell me how great I am but that never happens and for good cause. duh! Actually I am alot like that character on Little Abner who used to walk around with a rain cloud over his head. I don't even remember what his name was, maybe someone out there could help. Anyway he lived in the tunnel under the earth and when he was below ground the cloud would follow him along the surface. The humor was that on a sunny day it often came to perch over some poor unfortunates house that had absolutely no idea as to the cause of the miserable wheather. So if you are having problems in your life and you don't know the cause, there is probably some gnome with bad carma, living under your basement. Its not your fault...its the gnomes fault.

When I retired from the military I used to hang out in the tavern until the alcohol started getting to me and I had to change my lifestyle. One of the things that amazed me sitting at the bar and listening to the conversations was that nobody took personal responsibility for the screwed up state of their lives. For most, s*** doesn't just happen, its the result of the actions of others. At least thats the way it is in Wisconsin. Its the politicians fault, the school boards fault, the churches fault, the boss's fault, the wife's fault, the kids fault...I could go on but I think your're getting the point. Never in the year that I bellied up to the bar did I ever hear someone say, "The reason my life is such an absolute mess is because of my own bad actions and poor decisions. I guess its not human nature to say something like that. The other morning I was having breakfast with a clergy friend of mine who is in prison ministeries. he had been playing cards with several of the inmates and one accused one of the other's of cheating. My friend replied undismayed, "What do you expect, he's a criminal." Writing.com has sort of taken the place of the bar but both have much in common . I will be blogging about what some of those are in the days ahead. Hope I don't hurt anyones feelings. We are supposed to be sensitive to our fellow writers because their egos are so fragile they might fall apart if someone says something that hurts their feeling...I know because I am the most thin skinned of all. Please don't construe this blog as me sitting on high and poking fun at those below me...I am peering up from the bottom of the well and wondering where that rain cloud is coming from that keeps me treading water and standing on my tip-toes.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698180-My-Email