*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698237-Sir-Paul
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#698237 added June 5, 2010 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Sir Paul
    Oh, Paul.
    Whatever happened to "Please, Love Me Do" or "All We Need Is Love"? Now you've become partisan?

  Disaster, Paul, first love of my life! Don't you know that all politicians inevitably sell out? No matter how pure they are when they start out, they all become tainted. Fund-raising and campaigning is only the beginning. It gets worse as they settle in and work to get what they want. They end up believing their own hype.

  You, however, have been the poet, the musician, the sensitive soul, married faithfully to one woman until she died. When you got mixed up with that gold-digger who seemed too good to be true at first, everyone was on your side. You were, for so many, the good guy, the pure at heart, the generous, the amiable.

    You have represented peace, love, helping hand, fellow man, no more land mines, etc. But as far as most of us know, you never got into bed with any politician. Now you're kissing up to a president who doesn't need that kind of publicity. It's working against him right now, when there's so much on his plate. You messed up, for him and you.

    Not only is Obama a politician- and they always decline in character, he's a lawyer. And you know the old adage that even lawyer-author John Grisham passes on: You can tell if a lawyer is lying by whether or not his lips are moving.

    He might not be the worst politician at the moment, but for you, the icon for several generations of goodness, truth, and love, publicly speaking our for a person in politics is wrong. Speak up for a cause. Speak on principle. Speak for someone who is not in public office, but not for anyone who needs votes or is actively campaigning for someone else to get votes.

    It doesn't take a lot of study to determine that people who run campaigns are not volunteers. They aren't just speaking for their beliefs, if at all. They are master manipulators, sleek, and conniving. Your image has been anything but, until now. 

    Oh, Paul, we so wanted to believe that you were above all that. But no, you got down there and dirty. You sold out. Maybe you were hoodwinked, but it's too late to take it back. I know you meant to be supportive and strong, but you just came off as flaky. And, by the way, I liked the gray hair. Where did that go? You went from icon to washed up star in one night.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698237-Sir-Paul