*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698254-Just-a-light-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#698254 added June 5, 2010 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
Just a light entry
I, uh, guess I'm just writing again to keep in the habit, and because Laura's out of the house, and as of yet, I haven't really confided that I'm journaling again. I really don't want to be read by someone who knows me so intimately. I've found that I like to keep secrets about myself, even from my wife. I suppose that reveals a bit to myself some of the unusual character of my upbringing. Something I think about a lot, though not appropriate for an entry entitled "just a light entry." And so, I do not give myself permission to be heavy.

Instead, I've enjoyed - if not a wake-n-bake, at least a brunch-n-bake, and I've had a pretty good afternoon. I went for a bike ride early, and that went a lot better than I expected (don't think I've written yet that I've had a respiratory infection for the last 4 weekends; not bad now, but still can't exercise at a normal level for me). Saw the doc, got back onto the steroid and a new (expensive, no generics!) inhaler.

Spent my afternoon locking heat and light out of the house like someone desperate to keep zombies out. Rented two movies for wifey and me. And barbecuing.

School starts Tuesday for me, and I gotta get in a good rhythm, and make it challenging for me, and hopefully, interesting. Sigh. School not welcomein this entry either.

Having problem with keyboard. Some keys appear to need a real stiff pounding (I'm not going there, but you're welcome to). Don't like having to backspace. Might be time for new one, if I had money.

Might have my 'nephew' (Laura's) around for a day or two later in summer when he drives back CA- to FL. Hopefully will be enjoyable. I've never seen a reason not to like the kid, but I guess I'm suspicious there might be one.

Barbecuing chicken tonight. Hopefully the success of the wings last week will carry over.

Just trying to take it easy and not get too caught up in my own head right now, and to stay healthy and happy and try to be wise. Mostly succeeding, I think.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2010 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698254-Just-a-light-entry