*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698890-Creative-Source
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#698890 added June 11, 2010 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Creative Source
My wife says I have an overactive libido...that's a euphemism for...OK, I won't say it.

There's a whole "unofficial" world buried in the bowels of Writing.com where all the "perverts" hang out. (lol! lol! lol! Where are those emoticons when you need them?) I love to read their impassioned material and provide quite a bit of my own. I don't care what the orientation of the author is; good sensual literature is simply that, but what I really like to see most are not the "Stand Alone" examples of the genre but examples of the art that bring out the best in a literary work, something which raises a piece to a higher level.

I have started a contest with that in mind, to encourage writers to take a little heat and use it to elevate their work. I don't care what I read in the world of fiction, what sells has heat. You might think recourse to that sort of writing is something to be disdained but everything out there seems to have a whiff of it. It might not be "in your face" but it simmers on the back burner causing the reader to wonder... "I Know that Frank and Judy are trying to solve a Murder Mystery but do they have something going on the side?" Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, even Christian Literature sees a smidgen. Granted a little goes a long way and some of the basement writers like myself do at times get a little carried away, but having a little heat that percolates beneath a reader's radar and keeps their interest is a technique that successful writers use all the time. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes not but it's out there and it works! And why shouldn't it...it goes to the very core of our humanity.

The margins between becoming a successful writer and an also ran are often slim and any edge is worth considering. So if you feel inclined drop by my Contest, "Heat Beneath Your Wings" then bring it on and see if you can catch an updraft and begin to soar.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698890-Creative-Source