*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699304-A-Little-Surprise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#699304 added June 15, 2010 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
A Little Surprise
I always have a computer chat with my sis on Saturday nights. I know, how have the mighty fallen? But it beats watching football on television.

Last Saturday she informed me she was shell shocked. My ingrained fears and worries turned straight to our Dad and I wondered if she knew something I didn't.

Turns out her son Nigel and his partner Tamsen, a lovely girl of Kiwi origins had been over to see them. They've just moved into a new house which they are buying after years of living in rented accommodation. This became essential last year when Tamsen's older sister sadly died of cancer and specifically asked Nigel and Tamsen to raise her ten-year-old daughter. So life has changed quite dramatically for them.

But it seems it's going to change even more. Early in 2011 if all goes well they'll be having a little one of their own to add to the family. Sis was rather gobsmacked, but I think it's great news and just pray all goes well.

Sis is coming over on Thursday to assist with meetings, form filling and other essentials regarding Dad. But I'm hoping we'll find time for a bit of fun and relaxation amongst all the formalities. We can now hopefully form our own Grannies club and sit knitting or create a Great Auntie's group as we'll both fall into that category by next year.

Whatever, I'm sure it will give us the opportunity to wet the baby's head, even if rather prematurely. It's early days yet, but I'm hoping another little one in the family will balance things out a little and maybe open new doors for us all.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699304-A-Little-Surprise