*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699984-Am-I-missing-something
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#699984 added June 24, 2010 at 7:54am
Restrictions: None
Am I missing something?
Some mornings I wake up and think…there has to be more to life than what I’m experiencing. It’s not that my life has been totally boring or dull, but I’m not ready to throw up my hands and walk quietly into the mists of oblivion. What ever happened to that breath of wonder, that hope for tomorrow?

They say be careful what you hope for. It could well be that I have drunk fully of the cup and I should be grateful and be glad I received what I did, however, that is not human nature. Human nature is to drop your hamburger reaching for a French fry.

I could start a new business. That is always exciting and would no doubt lead to unexpected and interesting opportunities. Then again it seems foolish to risk a bird in the hand for a maybe.

Perhaps I should take a trip. Maybe I’ll see something new or meet some interesting new people. Maybe again, I’ll meet the wrong kind of people. And what about those who depend on me? I can’t just walk off and leave them hanging. How about my wife, my dogs and walk-on cats. Not to mention my children and grandchildren…


Am I missing Something?

I just got back from a trip down south and it went very well. But I got the feeling through it all that life had sort of passed me by and I’m treading water waiting for that last step into the great unknown. I’m not ready for that. I have my health and vitality and after serving others, need to do some of the things I’ve been putting off.

Writing.com has been a good diversion. My writing is getting better and maybe what I need to shoot for is publication. Now that’s a thought…maybe I can become a successful author… and maybe BP will cap the oil spill, maybe the President will reconsider McCrystal and maybe someone will figure out how to solve the financial crisis. Still life is characterized by struggle and hope and we can’t just give up, sigh and walk off like Puff The Magic Dragon.

I think I need to go out and work on my truck and quit thinking so much.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699984-Am-I-missing-something