*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700058-Changes-Afoot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#700058 added June 25, 2010 at 6:04am
Restrictions: None
Changes Afoot
After a lot of deliberation and soul searching I've finally made a decision. Life becomes routine and stale when nothing changes and I have felt for a while that being trapped by circumstances has made me, my days and my news rather dull and boring. We all need change and I certainly crave some kind of break from what has been a very unpleasant and hectic year so far.

So, life as I know it will be no more. Over five years ago I mentioned in my very first blog a routine which has been carried out on a Friday morning since Adam was a lad. Due to sometimes being out or my sister visiting and because I feel a deep urge to change my life, I will no longer be cleaning the bog on a Friday. *Shock* I'll pause for a moment while you stop reeling.

I'm not sure if I will choose a new day for this riveting activity or throw caution to the wind and be flexible, but I know I can no longer stay in this self-imposed rut. Who knows? It could change my life dramatically and be the start of other changes or new adventures. No, I don't think so either.

So, facing my first Friday morning in years without bog brush in hand may be a little nerve-wracking. I hope there are no withdrawal symptons or feelings of deep insecurity as a result of my daring and frivolous decision.

What to do with the now empty time slot on this dry and sunny day?

I could dust down the Wii and take some long overdue exercise, but it's too early for that. I could go out in the garden and work on weeding and pruning, but it's too hot for that. I could clear out a kitchen cupboard and offload the past their sell-by-date products, but the bins are already full. I could clean the windows, but I'm told you should never do that when the sun is shining as it causes streaks. I could sit down at the computer and actually write something, but my brain cell is too overwhelmed by the thought of no bog cleaning and can't focus.

No, nothing for it but to phone Robbie and ask him to bring his helicopter over, then whisk me away to wine and dine at some exotic location, followed by whatever takes our fancy. I just hope whatever we choose to do, it doesn't require the presence of a bog brush.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700058-Changes-Afoot