*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702441-A-good-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#702441 added July 27, 2010 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
A good day
I had a pretty good day at work yesterday, and those are so rare, it deserves to be written about.

The best thing about it is that a key engineer said that he likes the way i do editing better than my contemporaries, and that is something I so needed to hear that i'm in a low-earth orbit today of gratitude and a small amount (which is to say uncharacteristic and noticable) pride and self worth.

You fucking other editors are beholden to perfection when what you need to be concerned with is customer satis-fucking-faction! They don't want perfect. They want good documents that don't embarass them! That red ink you bleed all over their paper makes you look like an opponent, not a team-mate! Mother fuckeers I have ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT THIS!

Okay, well anyway, you get the basic point. They, who have pissed in my general direction, are wrong. I am right. Nothing else will come of this except that I know in my heart that I am the solution to the department's problem. I don't care enough about the department to launch such a crusade as to prove this. I simply want to be laid off.

Had a great bike ride with Erin this weekend (whom I still have a crush on) and a good ride yesterday.

Too bad we're so busy at work.
It's finals week.
Wish me luck.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn I

© Copyright 2010 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702441-A-good-day