*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703228-Twitter-911---Help
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#703228 added August 5, 2010 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Twitter 911 - Help!
Last night, I entered the Twitter frenzy by creating an account. I have a blogger friend who has been saying for months that it's a great site and I should join. It was only natural that he was one of the first people I contacted once my profile was set up. Talk about launching myself head-first into the deep end of the Twitter pool...

Simon   has over 2,000 followers, and he was in conversation with hundreds of them last night. I developed an immediate case of ADHD trying to follow along.

He's awesome and tweeted an invitation for his followers to make me feel welcome. Seconds later "@NicoleDwrites" messages began flooding my timeline. It was great -- and flattering/fun/chaotic/scary/intimidating/exhausting/and did I say fun?

I've figured out only a couple things:

*NoteG* Tweets I make show up on my timeline, as well as tweets made by the people I follow.

*NoteG* I visit other people's Twitter sites to get involved with a conversation by reading/replying to what they've tweeted, that was in reply to someone other than me. (What? I don't even understand what I'm typing!)

*NoteG* If I put @ followed by someone's username, at the end of my tweet, it indicates I'm referring to that person.

*NoteG* If I put # followed by a word(s), I create a hashtag

And that's it. So basically, I'm the newest brand of Twitter newbie and pretty lost. If anyone has Twitter knowledge to share with me, from navigation tips to etiquette to "things you should never do on Twitter," please pass it on!

Thanks!!

Oh, and to find me on Twitter, click here: NicoleDwrites  

*Peace* Nicki


My latest sig


*Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1**Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1*


*Star* To Follow Me On Twitter Click HERE!  

And Follow My Blog "One Significant Moment At A Time," by Clicking Here!   *Star*



© Copyright 2010 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703228-Twitter-911---Help