*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703280-Thursday-August-5-2010
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#703280 added August 5, 2010 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010

         My sister, Pammy, was taken to the emergency room today exhibiting symptoms of a heart attack.  She sees her cardiologist next Wednesday.  Previously diagnosed with congested heart failure, she takes medication to remove fluid around her heart.  Her heart does not get enough oxygen either (eschemia?). 

         About a year-and-a-half back, Pammy had lapband surgery to combat obesity, and her weight is now appropriate for her small frame.  She's married to a good man and has three children --- two girls in their twenties and a seventeen-year-old son.    While  she is presently, seemingly, okay --- at home --- she works full-time at a stressful job and has difficulty with her maturing son.  I covet your prayers.

         My day was full but uneventful.  My father and I cleaned while my mother did laundry and fixed veggie pizza.  My two sisters who live nearby are well.  My eldest sister's youngest son is fulfilling a term of military service in Iraq and has witnessed the deaths of two of his buddies by IEDs.  Half of his tour will be completed soon, and he will be back home in the States for a short break before returning to serve the remainder of his tour.

--------------------------------------------

         On a lighter note, I have a new laptop and am learning to use Skype with a webcam.  =)  Fun, fun.

         I hope your week is going well.  God speed.

© Copyright 2010 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703280-Thursday-August-5-2010