*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703437-Surviving-to-Sixty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#703437 added August 8, 2010 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Surviving to Sixty
I think I can say with hand on heart I couldn't have wished for a better burpday and I'll wager there are few sixty-year-olds who have celebrated in the same way. Most would probably develop a case of the vapours at the mere thought, but then I don't intend fitting into any moulds. Never have and never will. The two days I spent surrounded by family and friends have been amazingly hectic, but full of fun and good company, creating memories I'll hold dear for as long as I keep my marbles.

My flourescent day out on my burpday and my evening party on Friday were both brilliant and it was wonderful to meet some friends and family I haven't seen for decades. More on that at a later date.

My gripes are small ones and as you know, I'm never one to complain. The only things to mar the occasion come in a list of five of course.

*Bullet* Included in the bumper post of cards through the letterbox was a letter from the NHS regarding bowel cancer screening. Just the thing you want to receive on the first day of turning sixty and the request to provide a...well you don't want to know. *Sick*

*Bullet* A phone call from my Dad's doctor just as my Hummer arrived at the door almost sent me into panic mode. Having to call out an ambulance for him on my last burpday I got that deja vue feeling. Turns out the district nurse had called and his blood pressure is on the rise again. Could I collect his prescription today? *Rolleyes* I'm taking bets on the next fall, but be warned the odds are very low.

*Bullet* The music at my evening do has left most of my guests with burst eardrums and splitting headaches, but I did say I didn't want a fuddy duddy party after all.

*Bullet* The time went by far too quickly and I was not able to savour the moment, appreciate gifts or spend as much time with people as I wanted to. But we all know time flies when we're enjoying ourselves.

*Bullet* The biggest tragedy I save until last. While I was busy celebrating my burpday it has been confirmed Robbie Williams went and got married. *Cry* Wait until I see him. I guess I'll just have to be content to be his bit on the side, but I won't spread that information about.

Now, I think I'm getting a cold *Frown* so I leave you with the links to my burpday day out and other flourescent occasions. Dylan's burpday and evening party to follow when or if I can beg, borrow and steal some photos. I was so busy I rather neglected my camera. *Frown*

http://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/MySixtieth?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/FlourescentDays?feat=directlink

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703437-Surviving-to-Sixty