*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704033-Progress-on-the-Test-Stand
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#704033 added August 17, 2010 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Progress on the Test Stand
Progress on the Test Stand

The engine stand is coming along nicely. The frame is welded, the slipping cross members are in place, the rubber castors (wheels) are installed and the radiator is in place. In cleaning up the radiator I found that the top part is brass. That is unexpected and that will look nice when it is cleaned up.

To my dissappointment I found that the bell housing I bought will not fit…so I have to keep looking. Today I need to take the right side water pump and get the motor mound casting rewelded…it has broken off. Since that is an important weld I will leave it to the professionals plus it is cast iron and not something I want to take on. My plan is to weld up the motor mount brackets on the test stand and see how far along I can get.

I have a nice shop and garage. It has a cement floor with in floor heat. The problem is with this hobby two fold. First is keeping it clean and second is keeping the clutter out. In the back, behind the machine shed I have a semi-trailer and I need to start devoting some time to cleanup and housekeeping. It will take as much time to do the house cleaning and pick up the clutter as working on the cars and trucks.

Building the test stand has taken me away from my work on the ‘40 Ford. I am always worried that when my focus is broken I might move on to something else. On the other hand is the need to do concurrent tasks rather than focus with a single purpose on one thing. Oh well it keeps me occupied and my mind out of mischief. I also need to get back to my novel writing. Between cutting wood, keeping the grass cut, working on the vehicles and trying to write there is little time for anything else.



© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704033-Progress-on-the-Test-Stand