*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704462-Fall-Semester-Starts-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#704462 added August 23, 2010 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Fall Semester Starts Today
I haven't written in about 2 weeks, I guess, which is something I wish to avoid.

I'm still possessed of the impetus to try to grow.
I think I have been better about contributing to household chores.
I have made progress on my weight, and more importantly, on my eating habits, that I am pleased about.
I have been loving to Laura, and engaged with the visitors we've had over the last few days (my Niece-in-Law, Aly, is officially moved in now).

I gave up looking for work - not really deliberately. But it sure does feel like it has helped some. It's nice not to be constantly trying to re-envision myself for this particular job or that one. I don't know what long-term tradeoff of this decision will be. Will I be missing out on a 'perfect' job, or will I just be missing out on rejection letters and the hassle of constant application writing? All I know is that I do seem to be able to focus on other things that are in the here and now are easier. I'm hedging my bet right now that hiring is going to continue to be minimal until Spring, and come Spring, I will (hopefully) have an MBA, making it possible for me to apply for more meaningful jobs.

I've smoked too much, but that's going to start winding down as of today. Aly's arrival means I have to set a better example.

I've exercised well. 50 miles bike riding the last 4 weekends.

I'm a little happier and a little more content.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2010 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704462-Fall-Semester-Starts-Today