*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704846-Visit-to-Lakeside-Farm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#704846 added August 29, 2010 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
Visit to Lakeside Farm
Visit to Lakeside Farm

Today I think I’ll take some pictures. I noticed on my Blog tools a button for photos. At Best Buy I bought a piece of hardware that will enable me to store them on my computer. From there it should be a simple task to put a couple in my Blog to show better what I’m doing.

Linda did not respond well to her dermatology medication. She was sick last night with an upset stomach. Hope she gets to feeling better.

I took some pictures of some of my projects and will be posting them on my Blog. Yesterday I ran a test and posted 3 about some of the things I have been talking about, i.e. The transmission stand, the S-10 and the Studebaker.

I went out to the pole barn and snagged a flathead engine I had picked up last month. I put it on the engine stand that has been vacated by the one I broke down and sent off to be hot tanked and Magnafluxed for cracks. I will post a picture of it and the flathead I had built by Mike Osborn in Wisconsin Rapids. He put it on a stand I provided and it is the example I have been working from. I will also show my ’53 that has become my work truck since the Dodge went down several days ago.

In the afternoon I went to Lakeside Farm. Brian called me from there about someone trying to sell a 1 ton 49 Truck with a flathead. He said the guy wanted 800 and the engine was frozen. I told him it was worth a $100 for the engine and $200 if it turned over. The truck is scrap. Not much market today for bigger trucks with a harsh suspension even for their day. My ‘53 is a good example. It drives like an old truck and even with a overdirve transmission does not have much top end…even when the two speed rear end is in high range. Anyway I went over and bought the S-10. While there I met a young man named Jason who is into S-10s and the components of 1980-2000 time frame. I might get him to help out on the project.

I didn’t get much done yesterday. Today there is an open house in Montello. The contractor who did the addition on our house is opening a new office and asked if I could take a picture of the bathroom he did for us and bring it by. Linda is feeling better…have to go.
Untitled ~  This is my '53...it's a beast.  It has a 351 Windsor and drinks a lot of gas.  I just got through putting a power window on the driver's side.  Now I have to do the same on the passanger side.  This photo distorts the true look.  It is not as broad and squat in reality.
Untitled ~  This is the one Osborn's Pro Shop did.  How about that radiator?
Untitled ~  This is the engine I just brought up for tear down...it actually turns over which is a positive sign.  There could be cracks but at least everything is going up and down.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704846-Visit-to-Lakeside-Farm