*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705369-Slow-Saturday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#705369 added September 4, 2010 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Slow Saturday
Slow Saturday

Today Ed and Jim Bartkowski stopped by and we had a nice visit. Ed is the landowner to the North and Jim is his brother. I showed them the various projects I have going in the hopper.

After they left I loaded up the Dodge with the weeks garbage and drove over to the dump. Our Township has a dump and the social event of the week is to take your trash over there, put it in the dumpster and converse with your neighbors. Tom the dump man always has Milk Bone treats for Chloe and Honey. They seem to know when it’s Saturday and time to go.
The Dodge drove like a dream. Imagine a vehicle with 230,000 miles that still runs like a Swiss watch…I never had a Swiss watch but they are supposed to run great…or so the cliché goes.

I had to cut the yard when I got back. Linda is having Louise over, her best friend and they are going off for three days on a girl’s outing. Louise will be staying Monday night and Linda wants everything just so. After they get back the two of us will we taking a trip, following the Mississippi North into Minnesota and then back down into Wisconsin.

The dogs will get to stay at the “Dog Spa” yeah right! I haven’t told them yet but those are two smart intuitive K-9s.

I posted my lesson and got a good review from the instructor. I also entered it in a contest as it satisfied the requirements of the prompt. Writing a lesson requirement so it concurrently meets a contest requirement gives it more visibility. I decided to make it a serial in that the syllabus showed there would be six requirements. Rather than trying to make them all stand alone short stories it seemed like it would be fun to make the whole thing into a series of related episodes.

I spent some time walking around the Studebaker stroking my jaw and marveling at the lines on that old Pick-up truck. I need to take another picture from the front to show everyone just how cool it looks.

Several reviewers of my Serial turned out to also be car buffs. It amazes me that nobody who reads my blog…which devotes extensive coverage to my automotive endeavors seems to have an interest in Hot Rods. That could account for the fact that it is not exactly a run a way best selling blog. Oh well…this blogging keeps me loose. I start out wondering what I am going to write about and turn my attention to the day and the fire hose comes on. I can’t complain that there isn't anything going on in my life.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705369-Slow-Saturday