*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705606-Things-are-still-good-but
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#705606 added September 8, 2010 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Things are still good but
Yesterday was a downer. I think mainly just because Labor Day marks the end of summer, and I live for summer.

Ultimately I may need to live somewhere more tropical (?). Texas or the south somewhere? Arizona? I don't know, but what I do know is that I love riding my bike, and I love warm weather. Fall is nice, but winter has got to go. And spring is something I can't say I've really figured out yet.

I'm doing better today than yesterday. Yesterday began with Laura heading off to Boston for two days. I don't mind being alone at all, mind you, but still, I would have been more comforted if she had been here.

I think it started south because I didn't sleep very well. It got COLD all the sudden on Monday night. Dropped to the mid 40s overnight, and we had left most of the windows upstairs open, so I slept cold and shitty. Not very restful.

Then I heard the eulogy for Bob Schimmel on Stern on my drive down, and I think that set me down a macabre road. Then this workplace sucks, and that was sort of it for me. It didn't get better until I got home and hung out with Ally. Once I was home, smoked a bit, I felt better.

Still, I was bored, and worried about some stuff (that I don't want to write about today). And I just felt a bit bored. It was an okay night though. I'd have been happier to be completely alone, but hey, that was part of the thing I knew I was giving up when we agreed to invite Ally to stay with us for a bit. It's okay. She's quiet company, which is nice.

not much to say otherwise. Just wanted to get a journal entry in this week. Things are going better, and that's when I tend to fade off on follow-through.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2010 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705606-Things-are-still-good-but