*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705637-Mama-told-me-there-would-be-days-like-this
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#705637 added September 8, 2010 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Mama told me there would be days like this
I don't know why, but everything my kids say today grates on my nerves. I have a decent relationship with my kids, normally I am highly interested in what they have to say, but tonight I just wanted to be left alone.

Today at work, I was having a conversation with the office manager. The office manager and the literacy coach are angry with each other about something, I don't know what. I knew they were having problems with each other - the literacy coach had told me last week that they were. The literacy coach asked me why I was talking with the office manager and told me I was "fraternizing with the enemy." I'm sorry, literacy coach, but I am not studying who you are mad at. I'm trying to get along and have a decent school year. I haven't always been best buddies with this office manager myself, but at least we are both trying.

A few minutes ago I was trying desperately to delete an extra period from the end of a sentence. It turned out to be a speck on my screen.

On the bright side:

Last night, I woke up in the night to go to the bathroom, and Bitsy, my skittish little dog we have adopted, was actually snuggling with me on her own incentive. This is a big step for her. When I raised my head and looked at her, I promise you she smiled at me.

I've figured out how to go on iTunes and download TV shows and movies onto my computer. Since Boston Legal went off in 2008, I haven't found anything else I like to watch. I now have two episodes at my disposal! I also have Mary Poppins. Gone with the Wind is on there, but I haven't gotten it yet. This is "big doings" to little me. Remember when you just had to watch what was on right then and that was it?

I cooked my own favorite supper - something I do when things aren't going well. Chicken and rice mixed together with cream of chicken soup, and green beans. Hurrah! Sometimes it pays to be the cook. {evil smirk}


© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705637-Mama-told-me-there-would-be-days-like-this