*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707677-Unofficial-Nano-Participant
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#707677 added October 5, 2010 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
Unofficial Nano Participant
Unofficial Nano participant

I wrote a serial called The Car Builder and the Real Estate Agent. It proved to be a good exercise. This week I wrote a longer vignette and it opened up some possibilities. Its genesis was the final exam requirement for a course I’m taking. It had all the components for a novel and as the Nano is going this month I think I’ll do another serial and see how it pans out. Since I am behind the curve to officially enter the fund raiser, I’ll just challenge myself to be an unofficial contestant.

The first thing that is in order is to write an outline. When I was in school I hated to do outlines and just winged my writing assignments. Then I started writing outlines about halfway through a work…whenever I could see where the story was heading. The problem with that was that it rambled and there were key components of a good novel that were often absent. My writing had an almost stream of conscious quality that meandered about leaving me non pulsed and everyone else for that matter.

So this time I’ll do an outline with all the components required in the Idiots Guide to Fiction Writing. I need to dig it out and read through it one more time. Sometimes I forget things like 3 crisis, and proactive and reactive scenes and all that. This time around I’ll put it all in the outline. Maybe that is as far as I get but I really like the potential of this story line and the twists and turns it can take.

Anyone interested in reading the first chapter will find it on my port under Duke Ferdinand de Castile. titled Chapter 1 “The Ruse.” It is a romance which will contain Erotica so be forewarned. The reason I am trying to learn how to write erotica is because I see the thread of it being used more and more and want to learn how to integrate it with a story line without going over the top. I find it challenging to write tastefully without losing control .

If I neglect my blog you will know what I am doing. I will make a folder for the chapters (serials) and anyone can follow along who is inclined to do so.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707677-Unofficial-Nano-Participant